sweet nothing

🎞️*in this universe, Voldemort does not exist 

    It was their 6th year at hogwarts. Harry and Dahlia had been dating for two years, they were really happy, they barely got into fights, everything was perfect. Surprisingly, Dahlia's very strict parents approved her in a relationship, they said Harry was a nice boy. But this Christmas, Harry's parents wanted to meet Dahlia properly, so they encouraged Harry into inviting her over for Christmas break.

"Yeah sure" she chuckled.

"What? They are really exited to meet you, I'm sure they'll be delighted by you" 

The couple was sitting in their common room. Harry had told her he wanted them to talk. 

"Harry, first of all, I highly doubt my parents will let me, second of all, it'll be VERY awkward. You sure you want me to ruin your Christmas like that?" She scoffed.

"Let's make a deal" he started "if your parents say you can go you'll go, if they tell you no, I'll leave the subject" he said slowly and reached his hand for her to shake it.

"I'm still unsure" she said crossing her arms at her boyfriend's gesture.

"C'mon" he begged "we've been dating for over two years, it's getting...you know, it's getting serious"

Dahlia chuckled, making Harry frown "getting Sirius?" She started laughing lowly at her own joke, Harry just looked at her, really not moved by her "joke", but enjoying seeing her laugh, enjoy seeing her beautiful smile that he wishes to see for the rest of his life. "For that, we have a deal" and she shook hands with him.

📼📼📼

Dahlia was unworried. She knew her parents would say no, I mean. Only a couple weeks till winter break and still no response, no way they were saying yes.

"Hey people, what's for today's breakfast" she greeted her friends as the owls started dropping the mail.

"French toast, your favorite" Hermione said.

"Really?" She said exited "hand me one" she said giving Hermione her plate. Hermione put two toasts with with squirty cream on top on Dahlia's plate and gave it to her. "They look soo good" she said, reaching out for a fork and a knife, and as she was about to take a piece, a piece of parchment fell on top of the toast.

"Dammit!, now you write the bloody letter?" She yelled at the roof as if her parents could hear her. As soon as she looked down she saw Harry already unrolling the roll with an exited yet anxious look on his face.

He took a moment to read with a really focused face that quickly turned in a very bright and happy one. "They said yes!"

"What?!" She yelled in disbelief. Grabbing the piece of parchment from the boy's hands to check if it was right. To her surprise it was. "How is that even possible? They didn't let me go to the weasley's on summer break because I had to 'share time with them'"

"You are meeting my parents! And possibly staying in the same room as I" he said with a cheeky tone.

She couldn't deny that she kinda liked the idea of sleeping in his room with him.

"I'm still nervous, what if I totally fuck up and they hate me?"

"They will not" he grabbed her hand "we are only sixteen, we don't know anything, but I know you are incredible and that they will love you"

She thought about it for a minute. "Fine" she said, creating a smile on the boy's face. "Brilliant" said Harry and stood up to kiss her head across the table. 

📼📼📼

"We're here love" whispered Harry after kissing Dahlia's forehead who was resting on his shoulder.

She rubbed her eyes to wake her up and suddenly stopped. "Shit, my mascara" she removed her hands from her eyes and looked at harry "are my eyes alright?"

"Beautiful" he said. Dahlia rolled her eyes and stood up to grab her trunk.

Harry did the same and said goodbye to his friends. He grabbed dahlia's hand and started walking through the train to meet the exit. He jumped off the train and helped Dahlia do so too.

"Are you nervous?" He asked as they walked through the station.

"You think?"

He chuckled "they'll love you lia, I know they will" he comforted her.

"But what if they don't?" She was really apprehensive about the situation.

"I know I do, that's what matters" he rubbed her shoulder.

📼📼📼 

"It was super cool" Dahlia assured.

"It seemed very interesting, I wonder why Harry never mentioned it" Said Lily.

"Yeah Harry, why didn't you?" She asked.

"The real question is how did you bond with my mom so quick after you were having a panic attack on the train" he said standing up and putting his dish on the dishwasher.

"She is a really charming lady, I wonder who wouldn't" the boy's mother admitted.

Dahlia thought the same. Lily was really kind, pretty, considerate, she could really tell she was mostly the one who made Harry the boy she loves, a gentleman, kind, that cares about her. We could say his other traits were more like James.

"Yeah, I made lily fall in love with me as soon as she saw me, she practically begged me for like four years, I accepted going out with her on our last year" James assured while driving home.

Lily poked her head out and shook her head while mouthing the word "lies" and rolling her eyes playfully.

Maybe his mom's personality was better, but boy was he handsome, couldn't be more grateful for James.

Lily was seeing his son as he left the plate inside the dishwasher and was about to leave "scrape the leftovers off Harry" she reminded him.

"Sorry mum" he grabbed his dirty knife and threw what was left on the plate to the trash and but the plate back inside the sink, heading over to hug his mom.

"Did you like the breakfast?" She asked him right before he bent over to hug her.

"It was delicious mummy" he said kissing her on the cheek but then looking up, realizing his girlfriend was still there, he quickly stood up. "I mean, it was fine... mother" he corrected.

Dahlia just chuckled at the moment.

📼📼📼

It was the night before them going back to hogwarts, Dahlia and Harry were laying in his room watching 'the lion king'.

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" He suddenly asked her.

"Mufasa's death? Yes it was, poor simba" Dahlia said in disbelief as she watched the movie.

"No" he laughed "coming over, my parents liked you, you see?"

"I know, but I still was nervous" she said hugging the boy "I normally really get along with adults, for some reason I really like talking to them"

"So why were you worried?" He asked, brushing Dahlia's brunette hair with his fingers.

"Maybe because of what you said" she whispered.

"What did I say?" He worried thinking he might've hurt her somehow.

"You know, realizing we were getting Sirius" she started laughing.

"Yeah, yeah, really funny" he rolled his eyes, but still slightly smiled realizing how that insignificant thing still found a way to create beautiful memories. How they found a way to be happy with the simple fact of being together.

🎞️🎞️🎞️

📺 first chapter, what do y'all think?