Chapter 25

Kabanata 25: Chaos

When we arrive at my house where they stay since they found me ay nagpaalam lang akong aakyat na ako dahil pagod na pagod na ang katawan ko. I am physically and mentally tired.

Mama just nodded and gave me a kiss on the cheek at si papa naman sa noo ko. Nathan on the other side just nodded at me kaya nagpatuloy na ako patungo sa kwarto ko.

When I entered my room, parang doon ko lang naramdaman ang lahat ng pagod mula kanina. Parang ngayon lang rumehistro sa utak ko ang mga masasakit na salitang binitawan nila sa akin.

I just want to rest, I want to cry my heart out. Gusto kong isahing bagsak ang sakit para ayos na bukas.

Tangina kasi! Ganoon ba ka pani-paniwala si Sandra para paniwalaan nila kaagad? They didn't even asked or hear my side. Is that how bad I look?

I went to my bed at patapong humiga.

Ayaw ko nang gumising! How would I face those people after what happened earlier?! Paano?! And what will happen to mama and tita Amanda now? Nagkasagutan sila dahil sa akin... will it made a gap between her and mama?

Nakakabwiset! Parang gusto ko nalang paniwalaan anh sinabi ni titang kahihiyan ako. If I just knew that my happiness after meeting my family will cause this much edi sana hindi ko na lamang sila nakita! Edi sana hindi ko na lang sila nakilala lahat!

I ruined a family! I ruined a friendship! I ruined a wedding! I ruined a couple that was about to get married! Tangina! Minsan lang nga ako maging masaya naging tagasira pa!

Is being happy a crime now?! Bakit ba ako pinagkaitan ng kasiyahan?! Kung saang masaya ako ay saka naman magkakagulo.

I keep on sobbing and cursing, letting my soul shout her heart out. I wish I can say these words in front of them. I wish I can shout at them, if only they'll listen. If only they'll listen.

I heard a knock on my door kaya agaran akong bumangon at pinahid ang mukhang napuno na ng luha ko. I feel like I'm already a mess kaya tumungo ako sa vanity ko para magpulbo at matakpan ang pamamaga ng mata ko.

When I am already satisfied of how I look ay saka ko lang binuksan ang pintuan and I saw Nathan.

“Pinapatanong ni mama if you won't be joining us to eat for dinner. The Frayles siblings are there” He uttered but I shook my head, “No I'm good. Hindi pa naman ako nagugutom” I answered and he nodded. “Okay, just eat if you are hungry alright?” sambit niya na tinanguan ko.

“Okay, I'll go ahead” he uttered and smile na sinuklian ko naman. When he went downstairs ay saka ko lang isinara ang pintuan ko.

I lazily walk towards my bed and throw myself once again and gladly, I don't have to cry to let myself sleep since I eventually fell asleep.

Alam kong ang himbing ng tulog ko but when I hear some shouts downstairs ay agaran akong napabangon.

What is happening?

I immediately change my clothes and fix myself bago nagmamadaling lumabas.

“I told you not to go here, didn't I?!” It's tita Amanda's voice. “Ma ano ba?! We just wanted to apologize of what you did!” It's Xavier. “Apologize? I didn't do anything to them! I am just being honest Xav” It's tit Amanda once again.

“My, kuya, please stop na po” It is Ada, she sounds so broke kaya mas nagmamadali akong bumaba. When I am already at the stairs last step ay tumigil ako't siya namang pagbaling nila sa akin.

“That! That lady should be the one to apologize!” Tita shouted when she saw me. “She's the one who ruined our family name and the Zambrano's name at nakakahiya iyon Xavier! Hindi naman siya kasali sa kasunduan pero siya ang dahilan kung bakit nasira ang pamilya natin at ang pamilya nina Sandra!” Tita uttered raging with anger.

“Look at now, the Zambrano's don't have any face to show in the public now dahil sa nangyari kanina. It was all over the news Xav and since your brother is the one who ran away mas doble ang kahihiyan sa pamilya natin! Kung hindi sana nilason ng babaeng ito ang utak ng kapatid mo edi sana walang problema ngayon” Tita keep bubbling and voicing her point.

And again, I am just standing. Standing like I am paralyzed. I can't talk back and throw her the same daggers she throw to me because whatever I'll say, she'll never understand.

“Ma! Hindi kaba nahihiya?! You're the one who's making everything go even worst! Hindi mo kilala ang tao but the way you judge her shows like you really know her! Ma please.. please have some pity and shame to yourself!” Sigaw ni Xav sa ina dahilan para magulat ito. Together with tito Geo.

“Ada, let's go!” he added and carry his sister. Napabaling ako kay Ada na luhaan pa rin ang mata and she's looking at me, her eyes look so helpless and apologetic before they finally banished.

“Xavier! Comeback here! How did you learn to talk back to your mother!” Tito Geo shouted at Xav but the guy didn't budge to do so.

I was spacing out when suddenly I felt a palm hit my face.

“See what have you done?! Huh?! Anong ginawa mo sa mga anak kong babae ka!” galit na sigaw ni tita while tito Geo's behind her, restraining her from doing worst to me.

Tita Amanda was about to throw more daggers at me but then my mother meddle. “Get out of our fucking house if you don't want me to drag you out together with your husband Amanda. This is a warning. You know me Amanda, you know me.” Mama uttered firmly while keeping me behind her.

“You won't like it if I'll get mad. The words you throw to my daughter earlier is enough reason to cut you off. I don't need a friend who's close minded” pirmadong ani ni mama na nagpatigil kay tita.

“So now, take your leave before I will do to you what you did to Felize. Isang salita pa Amanda at hindi mo magugustuhan ang gagawin ko. Hurt my Felize even more and you won't like to see your children turning their back on you” Mama uttered with finality before he turned to look at me and guided me to stand.

“I don't want to see you anymore Amanda, I hope I really won't.” Mama firmly uttered before she finally turned her back at tita Amanda at doon ko lang nakita ang mga luhang nagbabadyang tumulo galing sa mata niya.

“Let's go anak” She uttered at me and force a smile.

“Make sure they'll leave now, Edrian!” pahabol na sigaw ni mama bago kami tuluyang pumasok sa kwarto ko.

When she locked the door parang bumaliktad ang sitwasyon namin ni mama. Parang siya na ngayon ang humahawak sa akin para hindi siya tuluyang matumba.

I guided her towards our bed and she immediately burst out crying.

“Damn it! Why do we have to encounter this?!” mama uttered, sadness is vivid in her voice. “We've been best of friend since we are still in our highschool days ngunit dahil lang sa putanginang naudlot na kasal masisira kami?! Putangina naman!” mama shouted at patihayang tinapon ang katawan niya sa higaan ko.

I climbed up and lay beside mama as I hug her. She's covering her face but she's still sobbing.

“Ma, I'm sorry... I'm sorry if you have to be in this situation where you need to choose between your best friend and daughter. I am really sorry ma. I don't know how to ease the pain you are feeling but I am ready to hug you all night for you to feel at ease. I love you mama” I uttered slowly so that my voice won't broke.

She remove her hands from covering her face and look down at me.

“What would I do without you baby? And no, there's no need to apologize because you haven't done anything wrong mylove.” She uttered sweetly despite of her bloodshot eyes.

“I will face any battles with you now and I am sure I can conquer it all as long as my daughter is with me so don't ever think that you are a disgrace to us because you are exactly a blessing mylove. Always remember that you are precious to us, hmm? I love you baby. I hope you won't leave mama” Mama uttered gently and plant a kiss on my forehead and that made me cry a lot.

But I've made my decision ma. I'm sorry if I will leave you again. I don't want to be your burden, I don't want to be your problem mama. Ayaw kong makasira pa. The way how you and tita Amanda ended up is enough reason for me to stay gone for a bit of time.

I love you mama ko

Because of crying too much, we eventually fell asleep next to each other.