Part 1: The gathering

The sky was so blue, winds blowing westwards with a cooling factor, trees praising and singing in happiness and sweet phonics of surrounding birds and insects. Tired as they were, it didn't take long for them to slumber under the long bamboo trees covering the edge of the field.
Their gear soaked in sweat that even the whiter part looked gray or black on some due to hygienic problems.
With a bad display on their performance, they didn't bother waiting for the results as they swallowed their sorrow with pride.

After a few minutes of relaxation, they finally found the strength to engulf their luncheon. In small groups of segregation, they filled their tummies, chatted, and laughed as they laid under the trees' shade awaiting for the meal to sink in.
"Hey bro, you been awfully quiet and num these past few days... Are you good? " Asked Jack, one of the few students gathered.
" I'm good man, just had a lot in my mind that's all. " Replied Reece with a sadness in his eyes.
'Of course you would try to hid it but your face betrays you' thought Jack as he stared at him with an I don't believe you type of face.

For what seemed like long minutes, Reece exhaled really hard, looked into Jack's eyes then up at the sky. "Ok fine I will spill the beans, but don't tell this to anyone you hear? He said with a serious face.
'Ok... Now this guy is scarring me, let's hope he didn't murder Sean, I haven't seen him lately and their quarrel was so vast for it to remain unsolved. ' Jack thought to himself as he shivered to agree to the drawn terms. " Ok... I won't tell anyone. Promise. " He finally answered with a little bit of concern in his words.

"Fine then..."