C H A P T E R - VI

I T ' S   A   Y E S !

"Devika!" Everyone yelled in chorus when while trying to sit down on the floor for the pooja, Devika lost her balance tripping on the end of her long plazo pants, and surrendered herself to gravity with her eyes tightly clutch out of fear of hitting the floor and hurting her back.

'It's gonna break for sure' She thought as the everyday pain in her back had given her trust issues with how strong it is. But even after a few seconds of not falling, she sensed a protective arm holding her waist tightly and securely and as soon as she opened her soft doe eyes taking her own time out of not fear but embarrassment now, they met with deep golden brown orbs, staring down at her ever so deeply and intensely turning her cheeks into a deep shade of crimson.

'Atharva 'khadus' Vashisht had saved her from falling down, how ironic. Isn't he the reason behind all my overthinking?' Devika thought, huffing at the sheepish smile he passed her and she gained her balance and stood up, pushing him away.

"Devu, tu theek hai?" Instantly Shashank stood by his baby sister's side to ensure her well being.

"Haan bhaiya, I tripped I guess" she passed a small smile trying to comfort all the worried eyes staring at her before she glared at the two with the most mischievous grin ever, Ayesha and Manya. Both of their faces looked like they won some sort of a lottery and this lottery felt like a torture to Devika. She didn't know what Atharva was thinking in his head, but she prayed that he doesn't speaks anything. She is way too embarrassed to face him anymore.

Meanwhile he? He was in some other world, a world full of all the weird thoughts, with how much hypocrisy his mind and heart were showing today. He wondered if he needed a bipolar test or not. There was something about this girl, challenging him all the time. To prove himself to her and at the same time, admire her beauty, her perfectly doe shaped eyes and deep brown orbs, slightly different from his own honey golden brown ones, but the magic he felt into his stomach while being lost in her, was something different.

Devika Mathur was not the way he expected her to be, and he will he lying if he said he disliked her. He enjoyed solving her part by part as if she is mystery he has to solve. But for the kick of it, he was sure he ain't marrying her. And that's all he was sure of, at the moment atleast.

Next, it was almost past two hours later when the pooja came to an end, peacefully and successfully, filling everyone's heart with happiness and contentment when the pandit ji offered the 'prashad' to everyone as a blessing from the God. The stomach and heart fulfilling prashad, consisting of homemade 'chane, puri, halwa and charna-amrit' tasted much better than any other five star food and the Vashisht's were already impressed by how kind and grounded the Mathur's were. Meanwhile the Mathur's were happy that the Vashisht's were so accepting of their traditional rituals and simplicity inspite of the being the rich, high class family.

There was for sure a status difference between the two families, a lot to still get to know, learn and co-operate on. But they were assured that it will not only work out between their kids after the wedding but, also the two beautiful families will be more than happy to be one.

"Bachon ko aapas mein baat karne ka mauka dena chahiye, isse pehele ki kuch bhi decide ho..." After a long chaotic conversation in the living room among the elders, while the Vashisht brothers and Shashank sat outside with kids, discussing something that seemed much serious from afar, Badi Maa came up with the idea of letting the two getting married to finally speak as the restlessness she could see on Devika's face was so inevitable.