Chapter 1 // The Accident

It was dark and all you can hear the thunder roaring across the sky with the heavy rain. My head was throbbing in pain with red sticky substance running down on the side of my head. I look in front of me and I see my mom knocked out with blood all over her face and my dad on the passenger side in the same position as mother. Mom has crashed against a tree. I couldn't remembered how we got into a accident and I started to freak out. I called out to them "Mom?Dad?" I got no response. I unbuckled my seatbelt and reached out to them to wake up "Mom!Dad!" I try to shake my mom to wake her up but no matter how much I shake her and scream out to them she wouldn't move or answer me and my father wouldn't budge either. My eyes started to tearing up as I was scared and cold, all I could do was cry. I don't remembered how long I cried till someone yanked the car door open.

I rushed to the other side to get away from the person. "Hey,hey... it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you" the man said as he kneeled down trying to calm me down. "Are you okay?...you're bleeding" he said in concern. All I can do is nodded in response. I scooted closer to him slowly. "It's okay. I've got you" the man said as he picked me up. He was allied soaked up because of the rain. As he carried me over to his car another man exited from the car of the driver sided and opened the back passenger door. The man who was carrying me sat me inside the car and was about to leave when I grabbed his hand like if my life depended it. "D-don't leave me alone p-please ... I'm scared" I said in a pleading voice. He kneeled down and said "I'll be back I promise. I'm going to check on your parents sweetie, okay?" I nodded in response as he left. He then came back to his car and sat next to me as he immediately called someone on the phone. "I need an ambulance right away" he told the person on the line his voice then started to fade out as my eyes began to feel heavy and then I was consumed by the darkened.

I then woke up startled with sweats dripping from my forehead sliding down to my neck making me feel sticky. I sigh as I grabbed my phone and look at the time and date. Today is my parents 10 death anniversary. Since I was 5 every night before April 15 I get flashbacks on what happen that night, I'm now 15. But I thank god for sending Ethan to my rescue. He took me under his wing and raised me as his own. Which I'm forever thankful but I can't help but miss my parents. Or on how everything went down that night. My mind goes blank every time I try to remember what happen before the incident and that bothers me. Many questions I have that are unanswered and who knows if I'll ever find those answers.