𝐗𝐗𝐕 - 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭(𝟐𝟓)

(TW- Mentions of r*pe in a way that might be uncomfortable and trigger-inducing)

Adriano and Lopez had settled the attack to be another warning. Adriano felt like he was treading on thin ice and had all troops prepared for the eventual breakout of the anticipated war between the Italian and Columbian mafia seeing from the start that the climax was inevitable.

There is bound to be a war but little did he know that it might not just be between those two mafias, an overturning was coming his way.

Novalie had become a different person in the past month which led to Adriano's worry. He had noticed how frequent her dad's calls had become in the past month and his mind spun with whirlwinds of possibilities of what could be happening but no matter how hard he tried to get out of her what was going on, he failed.

She wasn't eager to answer and he didn't want to coerce her but no matter how he tried to ignore it and brush it away, he couldn't hold back the thug in his heart each time she got off a call from her dad because, after every call, she became more distant. More silent. A shadow of her.

Withered pieces of her abscising and scattering around before she built a new shell of protection around herself and returned to the cold Novalie we all thought we were rid of.

Adriano didn't want her to return to that, he wanted so badly to remind her of the progress they had made and fuel her feelings which seemed to have been drying up with his. He wanted to impress her so he bought her flowers, jewelry, and clothes, he even joined her in her garden ever so often but she was uninterested, her mind seemed to have already been made up.

Adriano slides in and out of Novalie right now against his better judgment just because that's what she wanted. As much as he hates how their relationship had turned out to be, he can't find it in himself to say no to her.

The only way they related these days was through sex and if that was the only way he could get a glimmer of emotion from her, he was going to grab the opportunity like a bull's horn.

Her moans are disconnected in the sense that there's no emotion behind it although she feels the pleasure from the sex. Truly, that's all it had become, sex.

There was no making love, kissing like they had found everything we needed to survive a lifetime in the other person's mouth, his touches felt cold and she hated not feeling the flutters she was accustomed to and she knew she couldn't with this cloud hovering over her head.

The cloud followed her everywhere and whenever she wanted to be her with him, she couldn't because her father had imprinted the words like a tattoo in her head.

"Don't let him deceive you, Princesa. There was only one reason he wanted you then and there is only one reason he has kept you till now and that's only because he wants to hurt me. I thought we were over this fairy tale bullshit when your uncle raped you, no one will and can ever love you. It will only ever be us, your family," In the same unusual tone, her father spouted poison through his bitter mouth in each call. He had built a hierarchical tower out of his ego. One that made him think that he had to knock people down to grow higher in his undeservedly inflated perception of self-regard.

She deemed it, a poignant remainder of the truth.

She had been raped, no one will and can ever love her

She didn't want to believe it, she begged herself not to listen.

But she had been raped, no one will and can ever love her