Chapter 2: First Contact

I woke up and yawned.

I had been observing the little Eevee for about two weeks now and was eager to go do so again.

The reason for my enthusiasm being I had learned quite a bit by watching him and others from the outskirts from what I now knew was a town.

It seemed that the other Pokemon didn't like him due to him being... wild? I still had no idea what they meant by that though.

I also found out that those round golden things were called 'coins', though most people referred to them as poke. Poke could be used to 'buy' different things one might want, like food.

Another thing I had been doing was practicing using my psychic skills.

I'd discovered that I could move things with them when I got attacked by another Pokemon and threw them around using my powers.

It's hard to explain how I do it, but I just kinda imagine surrounding something with my mind and then use my paw(s) as a way to visualize my control over the object. I could do it without moving my paws, but it took a bit more concentration.

Before going to the town again I decided to practice a bit, lifting things and moving them around.

But first, I went outside and found some berries to eat, then walked over to the pile of rocks and debris I'd gathered to practice with.

So far I'd gotten the hang of grabbing and moving things, from small rocks to large pieces of debris, but what about two things at once?

As I tried to lift up two of the rocks I'd been practicing with, I was surprised it wasn't that hard.

I was able to easily lift and move both at once which meant, theoretically, I could grab and throw more than one enemy as well. That would probably be useful.

I then tried lifting three, four, five, even six, and was able to do so without much difficulty, although I feel a bit strained from using my powers so much, because even if I was talented with using them, it didn't mean my body was used to using energy that way, in other words I wasn't very efficient.

After I rested for a bit, I then started in the direction of the town, Sunny town I think it was called?

When I got there, I saw the Eevee working on his house again.

I still was not sure why he was making another one seeing as the other one wasn't completely destroyed, so it would have taken less time to just fix the damages.

I sat hidden in a tree for a while watching him move around the materials that he had gotten from some other Pokemon, if what I heard him mumble was correct, placing them in the where they needed to go and fastening them in place with little pieces of metal and a wood stick tipped with metal.

It was really interesting to watch what he was doing to build that house.

...Although I didn't know it was a house at first, I just heard the Pokemon who delivered the materials say that was what they were for.

Heck, I couldn't tell it was supposed to be a house with the way it looked at the moment, right now it was just a... frame? I think that's the right word, but no matter what the right term was, it currently looked like a forest of short, leafless trees.

The Eevee seemed to know what he was doing too, going over to look at a piece of blue paper with scribblings on it every few pieces he placed.

...Though he seemed upset every time he stopped working for the day, like he wasn't building it fast enough or something.

I was confused by that, but I was content just watching him work...

Until the day I got careless, that is...