chapter one - the aftermath

Summary: A new ending to the My Hero Academia Movie: Heroes Rising *SPOILERS*

"This is the end of your dream, Deku. You're gonna be Quirkless again"

"But that's fine. I have to do this.

Because if it's you...

It's okay..."

Izuku doesn't remember if he said that last part out loud.

OR

An ending where Midoriya wakes up before All Might arrives, and Bakugou isn't awake. Midoriya panics for the sake of his friend. His friend that had just fought beside him, the friend he had just transferred his quirk too. He panics for the blonde because he can't tell if he's breathing. This is based off the My Hero Movie: Heroes Rising. This won't make sense unless you've seen the movie or at least know the plot. I'd be happy to summarize it for anyone who hasn't watched the movie, just send me a message :)

Tags: heroes rising, izuku midoriya, katsuki bakugou, baku x deku, all might, shouta aizawa, hurt/comfort, angst, angst with a happy ending, hospital

-----

Everything hurt. But that wasn't unusual for Izuku. In fact, it was almost normal for the boy to be bruised to the point he couldn't move.

Blinking against the sun shining down on him, he watched the clouds fade in and out of focus as the fight came rushing back to him.

Nine. The villain with multiple quirks, like All for One- was going to destroy the entire island to get Katsuma.

Katsuma's cell regeneration quirk was the key to Nine becoming unstoppable.

Nine was going to destroy the island, destroy them, to get Katsuma. And then he would take over the world, building a new society.

Class 1-A had refused to let that happen. They had all split up to take down the group of villains. Todoroki, Iida, Kirishima, and Tsu fought against Chimera. Tokoyami and Ashido fought Slice in the caves beneath the island. And that had left Bakugou and himself to fight against Nine. But that was okay. Izuku didn't want to make anyone else have to face him. Bakugou had refused to step down and Izuku was the smallest bit relieved that he wouldn't be alone when fighting.

Speaking of the fight... new memories started flashing behind his eyes. Ones that brought tears to his eyes, tears that had nothing to do with the pain coursing through his body.

Being trapped against the mountainside by Nine's quirk. Bakugou was only a few feet away, getting crushed alongside him.

Getting a crazy idea.

Bakugou agreed to his plan with no words having to be said between them. Because they knew there was no other choice.

"This is the end of your dream, Deku. You're gonna be Quirkless again"

"But that's fine. I have to do this.

Because if it's you...

It's okay..."

Izuku doesn't remember if he said that last part out loud.

But it worked. Together, they had defeated Nine and saved everyone on the island. It didn't matter that Izuku was Quirkless because they had won. He and Bakugou had worked together for the first time in their lives and won. And Bakugou... Bakugou had Izuku's quirk now. He was the new holder of One For All. And that was okay, because it was him.