the night lives on

"Oh, Moony! Look at the renovations! Look! There's more craft tables for the kids- you know Moon, you've been really quiet.."

The room suddenly went dark, and Sun anticipated a change.

But nothing happened. Sun was in the dark.

"Moon? Hello? Moon!?..."

Nothing.

"You know I'm scared of the dark, Moon, this isn't funny." He laughed. "Ohhh, I see what this is. They separated us, and you decided to pull a little prank on me! Well, it's not funny anymore! Hello?!"

"....Moon?"

___________________________________________

That was 4 months ago. Sun had adjusted "surprisingly well" to being alone. Yeah, "well." Right.

Like he didn't have dreams of Moon, dreams he didn't know he could have, dreams where he was still with him.  Dreams where they were running the daycare together, dreams where they held each other's hand in the dark cause Moon just knew he was scared, dreams where Sun could just share one last moment with his other half.

He was still getting used to the dark, at least they gave him a glow feature. His body now gave off a slight golden glow, his rays being the brightest. His eyes glowed too, something he both loved and hated for the reminders of Moon that came with it.

The dark wasn't as scary anymore.

Sun was pulled out of his thoughts as thunder boomed and shook the plex. The lights flickered as the lights went out, leaving him in darkness. Darn.

At least the daycare would be closed tomorrow for matenince checks. The kids had been more rough recently now that they knew for sure that Moon was gone. With no big bad scary force to intervine, Sun was stuck taking care of all rowdy little ones, alone.

He was always alone, nobody cared about him, nobody cared to visit him, nobody cared to tell him that Bonnie was back, nobody cared enough to do any of that for him. Why didn't management just fix Moon like they did to Bonnie!? Why did management have to get rid of Moon!? And leave him here alone?! Moon was the ONLY FRIEND HE HAD, WHY DID MOON F̶U̶C̶K̶I̶N̶G̶  FREAKING LEAVE HIM HERE!?!

The animatronic started throwing things around the room, l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶, screaming in frustration.

"W̸̲̚͝Ȟ̴̰̈́͘Y̸̯̑̅̈́͜͠ ̶̜̩͇̞͝D̸̢͙̮̅͌͠Ĩ̴̬̅̔D̵̛͎̲ ̷̹͔̾̐̚͠Y̶̦͚̾̈́̌̏O̴͍̠͗̀Ú̵̩̭͒̇͂ ̶̮̼͇̍͌F̵̜̄̍Ǜ̶̩Ć̸̢̮́K̴̝̿I̸̲͎͊̄̒̐N̴͎͙̜͛Ĝ̶͙̞͚̾ ̶̹̘̠̊̓L̴̬͇̄̔E̴̦̝̍Ā̵̧͙̬V̵̞͚͎̻̊͛̀̂E̴͎̓̑̈ ̶̙͖͋̊̿͆M̶͉͊͠E̴̮͙̞̠͛̀͊͘ ̴̰̬̦̝̈́̉͐̕H̵̗̤̼́̊̏̃E̶̹̐̈́̒̔R̵͍̽̊̔ͅĘ̵̙̙̃͑͂̕!?" His voice box glitched at the strain, bypassing the child safety feature. Sun blindly picked up something else, ready to throw it, when he paused. He held the plush of his other half in his arms, holding it close to his chest.

His chest... wait. The music box. He still had the music box in his chest didn't he? What button was it?

Sun began frantically searching himself for a switch, before realizing that one of his chest buttons looked a little bit bigger then the other.

He pressed it, hoping for the best.

___________________________________________

The daycare. A normally energy-filled, loud, rowdy, place.

Except this time it was different.

It was quiet, peaceful, calm even. A slow melody played out on a, slightly broken, but still usable, music box.

But there was no Moon to accompany this slow atmosphere.

Only Sun, laying on his back, staring at the ceiling, alone.

But in a way, it was almost like Moon was still there.

Right next to him.

___________________________________________

A/N: Ive been procrastinating on this for a while, and I finally got it done! Yay! Constructive criticism is welcome and I hope you enjoyed!