CHAPTER 1

"here spottedpaw i brought this for you". Redtail watched as Thistleclaw set down a freshly killed squirrel. "Thank you!" spottedpaw told him. She didn't seem to notice how odd this behavior was. but he did. thistleclaw was always one step behind her.

no matter if she went on a patrol, or simply just walking around camp he was always there. The tom payed more attention to her than his own apprentice. Redtail was gonna say something. he couldn't let this continue without trying to stop it.

"Spottedpaw, come here please" he called to her. The tortoiseshell she-cat dropped the half eaten squirrel from her jaws and padded over.

Thistleclaw narrowed his eyes at Redtail. from across the clearing

"What do you need?" Asked spottedpaw as she bounded over, looking back at the gray and white warrior.

"It's...Thistleclaw. don't you find it weird how he's always there" He needed to tell her, she needed to realize this wasn't okay, she had to get of the situation before she got 'hurt'

"What do you mean? He's not always 'there'. You're looking a little too much into this." she protested. Thistleclaw was starting to get anxious. he was definitely listening in to their conversation and he didn't like what he was hearing.

"Everytime you go on a patrol he just so happens to go too. He brings you little gifts. fresh-kill, feathers and that one time he brought you that moss ball. it's like he goes out of his way for you like a cat would their mate." spottedpaw stared at him wide eyed. like she didn't wanna believe what he was saying.

"no! he's not acting like my 'mate' he's being a good friend." a low growl came from her, and she unsheathed her claws.

"Spottedpaw, this isn't okay..." why couldn't see she that?! was she mouse-brained.

"it's perfectly fine! you're getting the wrong idea. he's just being a good friend"

"Spottedpaw! Sunstar is setting up a border patrol, come go with me and tigerpaw" Thistleclaw called out. The tom knew what he was doing. he didn't want the she-cat to realize how he was deceiving her.

Spottedpaw looked back at the gray and white warrior. then back at Redtail. "I've got to go." she said padding away to the entrance of the camp. If she doesn't know what's good for her, then i'll have to take matters into my own paws.

AUTHORS NOTE:

i know that their ages are not necessarily accurate, just go along with it lmaooo

Redtail on the cover art was drawn by
starr_lights