Chapter 1: Part 3

It was silent as we traveled down in the elevator to the chamber. I can sense that everyone is scared. We had to choose who would be killed among us through a vote. It's regrettable that we have to examine our faults and take responsibility for them. The elevator came to a halt and its doors slid apart. We walked to where we were supposed to stand. Our numbers were used instead of our names this time to simplify the process. Our names appeared on the screens we were observing which became active. I was uncertain about whom to select in this. Even though I am only familiar with one person here, I am unable to select her. It will be wrong of me. My choice of vote was directed towards myself. I took my vote and waited for everyone else.

The votes have ended and the host announced the results. "I will be reading all the safe results of 0: Morgan Lancer, Seung Mishil, Xavion Hamilton, Jale Zarakolu, Maisie Moore, Micheal Ryan, Jago Gene, Cale Mathis, Kuroda Katsuo" the host announced all the people that had no votes counted on them. I was well aware that I was voted for since I had voted for myself. "Now to read those who are safe with one (1) vote: Célestine Dubois, Hasana Effiong, Khuld Mansouri, Kichirou Lou, Kuzma Sokolo, Mariella Marino, Maxence Bertrand" the host announced. Someone had voted for Célestine. I don't care if it was herself or anyone. I can't afford to lose her right now. I wasn't on the list of 1 vote. That means someone else has voted for me.. but who? "Those that are safe with 2 votes: Carmen Coolatta, Leo Buhride, Nicholas Bolton, Zarita Marco" the host announced.

Okay. Another person voted for me. I need to find out who is not in favor of me. Did they pick someone without any reason? Right now, I don't want to make any quick assumptions without more information. I need to see who will survive and who will not. "The one (1) safe with 3 votes is Renfrew Prosser." the host announced. That was 21 people already named so that just leaves one more person. And that is... "The only person left and the one person eliminated with four (4) votes from the game is Linette Carlson." the host finally finished the announcements.

"Wait. What? Why? Why me? There's gotta be a big misunderstanding. Nobody would vote for me! I'm not the person with the highest votes. You are a liar!" Linette screamed at the host. "Men like you always try and get rid of us empowered women! Do you know who I am?!" she yelled. The host stared at her. "You are nothing but a lowly human. You are unemployed, risking your own life to scream at someone with higher power than you. Do you really want these to be your last words?" he glared. "I- You don't know what you're talking about." Linette stomped at him. "So be it." the host snapped his fingers and the guards came in and snatched her away. "LET GO OF ME! UNHAND ME. HELP. HELP ME!!!" she screamed and begged.

We couldn't do anything. If we got involved, we might be killed. We don't want to take that chance. All of a sudden, the room beside us got brighter from a window made of glass. The appearance matched that of a window within a room meant for interrogations. Linette was positioned in a seated manner.