ROM 13

RELY ON ME: Chapter 13

It was in the middle of the night, dark and stormy.

‘Ping, wake up, Ping.’

The voice with a gentle shake woke Ping from sleep. He struggled to open his eyes. In the darkness, he saw two dark shadows standing in front of his bed. He was shocked. It was Dunk and Prom.

‘Why didn’t you two go to sleep instead of scaring me in the middle of the night?’ Ping moaned and covered his head with the quilt.

Prom tugged at him quilt. ‘James hasn't come back all night.’

‘Let him go --’ Ping pulled back the quilt, closing his eyes. Three seconds later, he pop up, ‘Not back?’

‘I made a phone call, but he had turned off the phone, and he didn’t answer the text message. Would something happen?’ Prom slept beside James. He should be the first to find out that James was not there.

‘Do you know who he went out with?’ Ping got out of bed to wear slippers.

‘I don't know, maybe it's... Net?’ Dunk thought it over before saying.

‘Let me call and ask.’ Ping fumbled for his phone in the dark but hesitated when he pressed the number. What should he ask?

‘Ping, Ping.’ Prom screamed urgently.

‘Oh.’ Ping pressed Net's number and went through. No one answered it for a long time. He dialed it several times in succession, but still no one answered it. Well, he must be drunk in a sweet surrender. Otherwise, according to Ping’s way of dialing, even the dead people would drill out of the earth to at least reject the call.

‘I went through, but nobody answered.’Ping put down his phone and said.

After a moment of silence, Dunk said, ‘Do you have any other ways to contact him? It's three o'clock. If he's not with him, where did James go?'

Ping hesitated for a moment, picked up the phone and dialed Net's dormitory number. Also, he had dialed several times until the phone was answered.

‘Uh... Is Net there, please?' It's very immoral to disturb people's dreams in the middle of the night. and Ping was very guilty.

‘No.’ The voice sounded very angry.

‘Is Meen there?’ The voice sounded like his, ‘I'm Ping.’

‘What's the matter?’ The voice didn't calm down because of this.

‘Did you know that Net was not the only one who lived in this dormitory!’

Ping was blamed and found a valuable fact, Meen would be grumpy when he got up, very serious.

Consciously, he had to say, ‘I'm sorry, I didn’t want to disturb you, but James didn't go back to the dormitory. We were afraid that something might have happened to him, so we wanted to ask Net.’

After a moment of silence, a voice came slowly over there: ‘I saw them having dinner together at dinner time.’

Er... What should he say next?

Ping looked at Dunk and Prom, who were sitting beside the bed, said foolishly,

‘Then, has the house been decorated yet?’

Dunk and Prom looked surprised. Was this man out of his mind? To discuss the renovation of the house with others in the middle of the night?

Obviously the opposite was also stunned. It took a long time for him to respond and say, ‘Yeah, I’ll clean up the day after tomorrow. If you are free, come to help me.’