realizations

im an ao3 writer, so sorry if the formatting is off. it's a 3+1 story hence the numbers, if you dont know what that is dw it literally doesn't matter at all lol

//no warnings//

1.

Sampo sat on the tiny medical bed in Natasha's clinic, extending out the exposed part of his arm that was red from the harsh cold. Although it didn't hurt all that much, the doctor insisted on assisting him nevertheless. Of course, he wasn't complaining

"You need to cover up more if you're going out there," Natasha sighed, bringing out some blue-looking ointment and began applying it to his forearms, "this isn't as severe as usual though, I'm glad you're making your snow expeditions shorter."

"I guess," He chuckled, "I think the guards are getting soft on me. Soon enough they'll let me go free of charge~!"

"Oh really? What makes you say that?" She hummed with curiosity as she went back to place the frostbite treatment back on the shelf.

"Well for one," he began, getting up from the bed, fiddling with the warm liquid on his arm out of habit as it seeped down, "They're definitely not chasing me as much. Or as long..." As he moved in the direction of the door, he grinned and closed his eyes with joy.

"Ha, that sounds nothing like the Gepard I've heard of...Well, I'm just glad you're putting yourself less out there." Natasha continued organizing the medicine and grabbed some bandages for a patient in the other room.

Sampo stopped in front of the door as a thought struck him. Gepard. Now that he thinks about it, he hasn't seen him in a while...in a long while actually! That explains why his uh, 'transactions' are becoming so much easier to slip away from now. And why he hasn't felt so tired after the chases. And why his arm isn't almost white with frostbite right now. And–

A hand waved in front of his face. "--po? Sampo?" He blinked out of his thoughts, seeing a new face in front of him.

"Oh there you are," the pink-haired girl frowned, "we thought you had finally gone brain-dead."

He smiled again, placing a hand on his chest. "Aw come on now, Sampo Koski's brain is too precious to die. And it was thinking really hard right now." He tapped the side of his head to enunciate his point.

March murmured, "That's a shocker," and strode by him, Dan Heng right behind her. He chose to ignore her because he can.

Natasha turned around and smiled as she greeted the newcomers, "March, Dan Heng, I'm assuming you have the medication?"

March grinned, reaching into her bag, and pulled out a tiny vial filled with an orange liquid. "Yup right here!" Sampo watched the two as they interacted with Natasha. Something felt off about them.

"Not to intrude, but..." he trailed off, counting them once more just to confirm his theory, "But isn't there one of you missing? What was his name again? Conny?"

"Caelus," Dan Heng replied, not turning around to face him, "Captain Gepard was on our trail so we saw it best we split off so we could bring Natasha's medication."

"Ah," He nodded. Tell him about it, the story of his life!

"He still thinks we're bad guys because of you, by the way," March turned around and stuck her tongue out at him. He shrugged, a smirk on his face as he proceeded to exit the clinic and leave them to their own thing.

2.

As he ran, the pavement beneath him thrashed, sending tiny pebbles flying. At least he was able to finish his business before the guards showed up. Admittedly, though, he was feeling a little lonely so some attention was nice...As long as he doesn't get caught.