𝔸 𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕝𝕖 𝔾𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖

Panting and heaving individuals could be found at the finish line, desperate for air after exerting their bodies.

And Lee was no exception. She had never done well in long distance running. It had always made her legs ache and heart pound against her throat, as if it were trying to escape the body that put it through such strain.

Walking toward the chairs to note her time, Lee gets behind one of her classmates and waits for her turn. As she stands there she feels a pair of eyes on her, accompanied by an unknown feeling. A subtle yet overwhelming one, that washes over her and compels her to look up.

Oh how she wishes she hadn't listened.

Because in that split second her surroundings fade away and leave only herself and him behind.

There was so much adoration in those deep umber eyes. There was something else there.

Something soft and unfamiliar, churning and burning in his eyes. Like he had been staring into hers since the beginning and didn't plan on looking away any time soon. It felt so pleasantly overwhelming and as soon as she saw it she stepped forward, grabbed the pen and completed her objective — the initial purpose of coming here.

Not wanting to allow her eyes to go back and explore such uncharted territory, Lee journeys back to the sports pavillion.

Sitting down, she allows herself to dwell on what had just happened.

She couldn't understand it. Why had his stare been so... Alluring? Had he actually been looking at her or had she seen wrong? Was he thinking about something, or rather someone, else?

No one had ever looked at her like that.

Lee wishes she could catch that look again, even if only for a second. Be able to discern it and hopefully name it.

Yet... She also wanted to forget it, to act like it never happened, to just let it go.

She knew she had to focus on her studies and not let newfound emotions distract her. She didn't want to take a liking to anyone so soon, it would ruin everything.

Would it really?

She knew that if he were to confess any romantic feelings he may have for her she would reject him and they could move on with their lives, she had done so many times, to many more, before and she would do it again.

But she knew. Oh she knew. She was losing her grip on that ledge and if she didn't clear her head of these thoughts soon she would let go.

And she wasn't ready for such a leap of faith.

.

.

.

.

.

.

*sigh*

"It was only a single glance."

🪻❄️🪻❄️🪻❄️🪻❄️🪻❄️🪻❄️🪻❄️🪻❄️

Hope you enjoyed 'A Single Glance' (the edited version)

Politely delivered constructive criticism is appreciated.

If I have time I might expand it to a story, who knows, anyway... BYE!

~Liliza