chapter five

-oddinary world-

"he's not like us. he's still not oddinary."

i sprang up from bed, looking around, and i saw changbin and jisung on the other two beds. they were still asleep. i checked the time and it was only 2 in the morning.

i tried going back to sleep, but it wasn't working. it's been a while since i started hearing whispers like "he doesn't belong here. he's not oddinary. he still remembers his world" and it has not helped with my sleep at all.

who's on duty right now? perhaps i should help them.

*a/n using perhaps makes me feel so cool lmao

i changed into my casual fit and fixed my hair a bit and then went out. if anyone's on duty, they usually are at the rooftop.

so i went there, and looked around.

red hair.

hyunjin.

he probably wants to be alone. he definitely would not want to be with you, felix.

but he could be a bit lonely, talking to him won't hurt.

my thoughts started to fight that i didn't even notice what was happening at all.

"lee." he snapped his fingers in front of my face. "answer my question"

what did he ask me?

"w-what?"

"why are you here? you should be asleep"

"oh i uh.. wanted to check if someone's on duty. and it might be a little lonely so i came here"

"oh." was all he said before nodding and walking to the edge and sat down. he didn't tell me to leave.

it was quite awkward so i just walked over to him and sat beside him. "so you have dreams about the other world?" he asked, as he was staring at the sky. "yeah. very often"

"do you want to stop it?"

"huh?"

"sorry, that was a weird thing to ask"

"what do you mean stop it?"

"nevermind. you wouldn't want to forget about your original home" he shook his head, passing me a candy and i let out a sigh, opening the wrapper and ate it.

"actually, i heard whispers earlier.. they said i'm not oddinary and i feel like i don't belong here at all. i'd like to become oddinary and be one of you guys and forget about my original home. though.. i do like it much better. i've found friends like you and i feel more comfortable around you guys so i wouldn't mind forgetting about my home at all if i were to become one of you"

"i think we'd be able to help you, but it's dangerous. and we would have to ask chan about it first"

"yeah.. right" i smiled and nodded.

"i heard you've met my clone in the other world?"

have i?

oh yes, definitely.

"yeah"

"what is he like?" he asked.

"he's very nice. and he's pretty."

"am i not nice or pretty?"

"what?"

"nothing" he chuckled a bit. i should stop saying unnecessary stuffs. "what's your relationship with him? are you guys friends?"

"before i choose to answer that question, i want to ask you one"

"go ahead"

"is it true everything here would be opposite in the other world?"

"yeah. now answer mine"

so if we're dating in the other world, it is basically impossible for us to date here? that kinda sucks. i actually really like him..

so which world do i like better?

"what's your sexuality?"

"hey, don't avoid the question. am i a homosexual in the other world or something?" he scoffed.

"actually, yeah" i nodded, blinking a couple times.

"so are we dating there?" he faced to me, getting closer to my face and i backed up a bit. "n-no" "that's sad" he chuckled and pulled away. "well though since we're friends here i'm assuming we're enemies in the other world?"

friends? we're friends here?

he accepts me as his friend?

"no we're not enemies"

"then what are we?"

"i.. i don't quite remember"

"you can't remember our relationship but you can remember my sexuality" he scoffed again, rolling his eyes. "we don't have missions tomorrow, right?" "no" i shook my head. "since the building's safe, let's go somewhere" he got up and held out a hand to me.

i took his hand and he pulled me up, and we both headed back down. we snuck out of the building and hopped into the car. "where do you wanna go?"

"i don't know. surprise me" i chuckled a bit. "okay then. but it's gonna be super far"

"oh?"

"you can sleep if you want, that's okay" he smiled at me and started the car. i did get a bit sleepy and indeed fell asleep.

-

i woke up feeling super cold, and i opened my eyes, it was already daytime and i was somewhere unfamiliar. i got up, but i had a stinging pain and i looked down to see blood on my shirt. it's coming out of my belly. thank god it's not deep.

but where's hyunjin?

why do i have a cut on my belly?

how did i not wake up?

and most importantly, where am i?

i checked my pockets, and i found my phone. oh thank the lord. there were thousands of missed calls, so i immediately dialed chan's number.

"lix where are you?"

"i.. i don't know. i think i'm lost"

"were you going alone? the car's missing too"

"no i can't drive. hyunjin and i went out for a ride last night"

"no we didn't? i'm at home, felix" another voice, noticeably hyunjin, chimed in. so.. was it a clone?

"we'll try to track you and we'll find you, okay? stay where you are and try to find out your location as well" chan continued.

"wait, chan. i also have like a not too deep stab on my belly, i don't know how did i not wake up from it"

"explain everything later and we'll try to figure out, okay?" he said and then hung up.

dang.

it'll be lonely for a while.

i'm hungry now..

-