The Canon Part

"These will never break!"

Yamato handed Mei a box, with two brass rings in it.

"They're pair rings," Yamato said, scratching his nose nervously. A blush spread wide across his face.

"So we both have one?" Mei asked.

She was so happy. The bracelet Yamato gave her meant the world to her. It comforted her when he was away, and made it feel like he was always by her side. She blushed.

"Thank you, Kurosawa."

He felt his heart sink a bit.

"Why Kurosawa?" He asked.

He had gotten her to call him by his first name yesterday. It had seemed so intimate at the time, like they had finally taken another step forward.

Mei blushed.

"I...I think I'm nervous."

When she invited him inside to dry his shirt, she knew what could happen. She thought she has prepared herself. But who could keep from getting flustered at a time like this? They were alone, in her room, and he was without a shirt, giving her a ring. She tried to avoid looking at him to keep from blushing even darker. He was more attractive to her than she would ever like to admit to him.

"Me too," Yamoto said quietly.

He got up quickly, tossing the towel Mei gave him aside, and pulled her into an embrace.

"Sorry," he said, comforting her. He wanted to let her know that it was okay to be scared right now. But he wouldn't do anything she didn't want to. "I just want to stay like this."

She received the hug, sighing. She took in a breath of his scent.

"I like the way you smell..." she murmured into his neck.

This drove him wild. His eyes widened and a blush spread across his face. He couldn't resist it anymore. He took Mei's shoulders and set them onto the bed.

"Mei..."

His arms to the side of her, his face hovering over hers. She looked so angelic, so beautiful. He wanted her. He waited a few moments, waiting for her to push him away like she usually did, but much to his surprise she didn't. Deep down, she must have wanted him, too. He leaned in for a kiss, and brought his hand inches away from her breast...