TWELVE - FACING A BOGGART!

CASSIE TOOK A DEEP BREATH AS HERMIONE EXPLAINED WHAT A BOGGART WAS, the possibility of Remus asking her a question was likely as he kept glancing her way

CASSIE TOOK A DEEP BREATH AS HERMIONE EXPLAINED WHAT A BOGGART WAS, the possibility of Remus asking her a question was likely as he kept glancing her way. It was making her uneasy, and nervous. In all honesty, Cassie knew she still adored the man. She may claim she hated him, but everyone knew otherwise. He would always be the perfect dad in her eyes, and nothing could ever change it.

"So the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears." Lupin said.

Callie frowned, deep in thought. She had no clue on what feared her the most, she never had time to think about it as every year since she came to Hogwarts she had gone on adventures with her best friends.

"This means," said Professor Lupin, choosing to ignore Neville's small sputter of terror, "that we have a huge advantage over the boggart before we begin. Have you spotted it, Harry?"

Harry was stood next to Cassie, and she slightly took a step behind him, trying her best to hide from Remus' eyesight. Harry looked behind him in confusion, before giving Lupin his answer, "Er—because there are so many of us, it won't know what shape it should be?"

"Precisely," said Professor Lupin, "It's always best to have company when you're dealing with a boggart. He becomes confused. Which should he become, a headless corpse or a flesh-eating slug? I once saw a boggart make that very mistake—tried to frighten two people at once and turned himself into half a slug. Not remotely frightening. The charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing."

Cassie had no clue what she found amusing. She did, however, love when Draco wet himself after she hit him with a toilet seat, but she didn't think the boggart could recreate that. Or, perhaps it could, Cassie didn't know.

"We will practice the charm without wands first. After me, please... riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" said the class together.

"Good," said Professor Lupin. "Very good. But that was the easy part, I'm afraid. You see, the word alone is not enough. And this is where you come in, Neville."

The wardrobe shook again, though not as much as Neville, who walked forward as though he were heading for the gallows. Cassie eyed the wardrobe, curious to see everybody's fears, aswell as her own.

"Right, Neville," said Professor Lupin. "First things first: what would you say is the thing that frightens you most in the world?"

Neville's lips moved, but no noise came out.

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry," said Professor Lupin cheerfully.

Neville looked around rather wildly, as though begging someone to help him, then said, in barely more than a whisper, "Professor Snape."