6 Awkward

BEEP BEEP her hand quickly slammed down on the alarm clock and she rolled out of bed ready for dinner. As she woke up a little more she remembered the events from an hour ago. "Ugh" she groaned as she checked the time Buck will be here in an hour and she had nothing prepared. Sure she wasn't trying to impress the guy but at least giving him a decent meal could get her some allies at the new station.

Remembering this she ran to her closet and grabbed a romper to throw on before she started cooking. (The outfit below is what she wore)

After she did this she ran downstairs to see what the heck she could make in under an hour

After she did this she ran downstairs to see what the heck she could make in under an hour. Alex looked into the fridge to find various random ingredients none of which could make a decent meal. They really need to go grocery shopping but then she checked the pantry. Inside the pantry was various pastas and a couple cans of tomatoes. That could work like a spaghetti with tomato sauce and maybe some meatballs.

She put the water to boil before checking the freezer and thankfully finding a bag of premade meatballs she had made months in advance all she had to do for those was toss them in the oven to heat up and then she will toss them in the sauce she is about to make.

//

Around 6:30 she poured the sauce into the pasta and quickly started stirring it together just in time for the doorbell to ring. Perfect timing. Okay... okay breathe. This is it the moment to become friends with the enemy. The enemy being the idiot of the firehouse. She walks to the front door and swings the door open with a big smile on her face "Um hi, Buck please come on in".

"Thanks I hope I'm not intruding or anything with it being short notice or anything" Buck said walking in.

"Oh absolutely not I was making dinner when I texted I had made enough for me and Val but she isn't coming home tonight so this is actually perfect. Plus I should probably get to know you all right especially since we have 24 hours shifts together."

"Yeah that makes sense"

"Come I already set the table I made spaghetti and meatballs I hope your cool with that but if not I can make something else" She said directing him into the kitchen.

"Spaghetti and meatballs sounds delicious" he said close behind her."Um I brought dessert nothing that special just chocolate cake from a nearby restaurant"

"Oh thank you, you didn't have to do that. Here let me put that in the fridge" she said grabbing the bag from his hand.

"Yeah wouldn't want it to melt or something"

"Yup go ahead and sit I'll just be a sec" she said shoving the cake in the fridge. Well this is awkward why did she never think these things through. Probably because she was super tired but its fine just finish dinner really quickly and then watch him leave. Easy Peasy, I hope.

She quickly returned to the dining area of the apartment and sat down across from Buck. They sat there together for a second in uncomfortable silence before he started making small talk.

"Um so how long have you been living in LA" he said before shoving some pasta in his mouth.

"Since I was 12" she said quietly

"Oh that's cool do you normally work the ER because I don't think I have ever seen you when we were dropping off someone"

"Yeah I normally work the ER but sometimes I take rotations else where if they are understaffed"

"Nice um who is Val? The person you mentioned earlier."

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you I just said it so nonchalantly like I've known you my whole life or something. Val or Valeria is my twin sister we live together."

"Oh neat I didn't know you had a sister."

"Yeah we do basically everything together. She is also a firefighter with the 133."

After a few more questions and answers they finished eating their food. So they enjoyed some dessert while they spoke about the team.

//

Soon afterward their time together was over as she walked him to the door.

"I had a really great time tonight I feel like now we could possibly be better friends" Buck said nervously scratching his neck

"I would like that. Thank you so much for coming over especially on such short notice" Alex replied staring up at him. Even though Alex wasn't really short Buck still had a solid 6-7 inches over her 5"5 body.

"Anytime and hey if you ever need to talk or something I'm here" he said using her own words she told him a few hours prior against her.

"Thanks" she said even though she new she would never open up to anyone especially not Evan Buckley they are coworkers maybe friends but they can't be anything more. This might've been the perfect time for any normal people to side hug or something but not them. They sat their awkwardly for a minute as if they were to hug before he held out his fist for a fist bump which Alex returned timidly.

A/N sorry these last couple of chapters have been short but school just started and I want to put out more chapters for you guys. Both of those combined equals short but good quality chapters. Hopefully I can find time soon to write some more.