Chapter one

Whispering Hearts

I watched Sebastian Kane from my usual spot in the corner of the cafeteria, hidden among the shadows of Ravens High. He was a constellation of popularity, effortlessly commanding attention with his tall frame, dark curly hair, and captivating electric blue eyes that seemed to hold infinite stories. And those dimples, oh, the dimples that framed his perfect smile, revealing a set of milky white baby teeth that shone like pearls.

At fifteen, I was an invisible observer in this vibrant high school world. My name was Nora Harris, a girl known only for her intelligence and her perpetual presence behind a stack of books. I was the quiet one, always unnoticed, the whispers of my thoughts concealing a hidden admiration for Sebastian.

As the lunch hour buzzed around me, I barely touched my sandwich, my attention solely fixed on the magnetic pull of Sebastian's aura. He effortlessly navigated the sea of students, gathering admirers like moths drawn to a shimmering flame. It was a dance I yearned to join, but my voice never seemed to find its rhythm. How could I, a mere speck of dust in his universe, ever catch his attention?

As if sensing my thoughts, he turned his head and our gazes met fleetingly. My heart skipped a beat, and the world around me vanished, replaced only by the electric current that surged between us. But before I could gather my wits, his attention was snatched away by a captivating redhead, twirling her glossy locks and whispering into his ear. I sighed, my dream slipping away like grains of sand through my fingers.

One day.