a sushi date with friends

"Eh? No way! Really? The sink?!" You laugh uncontrollably, slapping the person to the left of you on the arm. "That's like a one in a million chance! What happened then?" Wiping a cheerful tear from your eye whilst the person on the left of you smirks slightly and folds his arms and crosses his legs. His aura is totally smug and he's pleased with himself and his ability to make you laugh.

"Yes, that's what happened. Guess you could say I'm pretty lucky." The man pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose with one finger. "Ain't that right, Gun?" He looks over your head and nods towards the person on your right.

"Yes. It's true. It's his own fault though." The person on your right is wearing sunglasses and an immaculately steam pressed suit with minimal design and muted colours.

"He lost his cuff links down the sink after burning himself when he spilled his freshly made cup ramen. He found the cuff link in the drain when we went to collect money from some low life gangs last night." The man then placed the small china plate he was holding down to replenish its source of sushi. "Say ahh" he insists, holding a piece of sushi in between his chopsticks, close to your mouth.

"Ahh... yum, what sauce is that?" You question him whilst munching on the piece of sushi, concealing your mouth politely behind your hand.

"I think it's just regular soy sauce. Homemade by the restaurant, though." Gun explains in a monotonous voice, reaching for another piece of sushi to feed you. You lean back against the couch in your private booth.

"Hey, try this!" You feel a piece of sushi smush against your lips, forcing you to turn your head to the left of you. The sushi enters your mouth before you can even say 'huh.'

"Mmm.. that one's good, Goo. Put some wasabi on it next time, it'll taste just right!" You smile and the notice the smell of sushi under your nose again.

"Try this one, I put wasabi on it." Gun waits for your mouth to open and then makes sure you begin eating. "It's good, right?" He states, a tiny smile forming on his lips as he goes to get another piece of sushi.

"It's really good! The spice is mild." You thank him for the food and reach for your glass of water on the table, sipping on it lightly.

"This one's waaaay better. Try it instead." The blonde man to your left rejoins the conversation, trying to win you over with a tastier bite of sushi.

"Ok!" Chomping down on the sushi, your eyes light up from the gastronomic creation fed to you by Goo. "It's really good~ thank you."

"Hey. Try this one now. It comes with aged sake from Hyogo prefecture to wash it down. The liquor will cut through the fatty tuna, and prevent fat accumulation so you can continue eating more without feeling as full." Gun now feeds you the sushi with his right hand, ditching the chopsticks and instead using his other hand to give you the beverage that came with the sushi. "It's good right?"

"Mmf- fery goof!" You try to speak, despite the mouthful of food washed down by true suspiciously strong alcohol. "Damn, Gun- that's potent!!" You splutter, barely able to swallow it without a burning sensation filling your nose and mouth.

"Now try this one! It's got 24k gold flakes sprinkled all over it. It costs the same as my cuff links." Goo tries to get you to eat, prying open your mouth that's already full of sushi.

"Goo, wait- oh, it's delicious." You smile and give him a thumbs up, thanking him for the bite of food.

"Now try this one- they say it's seasoned with truffles from the finest farm in Italy." Gun describes the food and the ingredient's origins to you, before placing the sushi up to your mouth. 

"Truffle on sushi? But that's-" you try to question Gun, but are interrupted by the piece of sushi that enters your mouth. You try to speak between the bites of sushi, but each time you open your mouth a new piece of sushi is placed in it.

"This one is super great, better than Gun's, obviously!" Goo says with a sly smile.

"No way. This one's way better. It's made by an American chef trained by a Japanese man who learned his trade in Osaka." Gun tries to control his growing temper, whilst trying to feed you.

"Don't be silly, you should eat this one instead. No one wants Gun's karate kid sushi." Goo snarks on Gun's food, trying to get you to eat yet another piece of his sushi.

Gun's eyebrow twitches as the veins in his neck pulsate from nerves being tested. He realises he should maintain his calm, which he does. "No need for childish remarks, Goo. I think I'll just feed another piece of sushi to- what's the matter? Are you unwell?" Gun puts the sushi down and inspects your appearance, you seem strained and your cheeks are puffed out and your hand is covering your mouth whilst your other hand holds onto your stomach.

"Unwell?" Goo responds to Gun's question that was not for him. "She's not feeling well?"

"G-guys... I think I'm going to throw up-" the remark makes both of your friend's eyes open wide, scrambling to get a trash can before you throw up. "Too much...sushi..." you whisper, trying to maintain your anxious smile despite your growing nausea. Gun and Goo's competition of seeing who could feed you the best food had backfired, leaving you on the verge of a food coma. Happy, but incredibly full.

————

"This is your fault, genius." Goo spits vehemently as he tries to hold your arm over his shoulder.

"It's not my fault. You started it." Gun replies in retaliation to Goo, trying to keep your other arm level to him.

You're all walking to your own apartment, them holding you up and practically carrying you because of the sleepiness that the food brought to you. The time is 10PM and you've been asleep for the past two minutes of walking home, supported by Gun and Goo. You all eventually make it to your residence and Gun unlocks the door to your apartment with his fingerprint, allowing you all inside.

"When'd you get your fingerprint on the lock? How'd she allow that?" Goo asks, adamant to know. "Does she trust you that much?" He snickers, happy to wind up Gun again.

"Shut it."

————