3~ad rem

°~to the matter~°

You know, even if I regret my life.
It doesn't change the fact that even if I was twisted and cruelly used.
It still shaped me as I am this day.
Even if I had to go through pain to get there...

It has been days since they took me.  The moment I said those words, a cloth sack was thrown over my head and my wrists was painfully tied to my back.

Like that,I was thrown onto what I assumed was a kart. After alot of shouting, the kart moved. And that's how it was until now, non stop.

I was thirsty, hungry and felt thoroughly sunburned these past days. I struggled against my restraints but it was chains. I've lost hope to try breaking free.

"We stop here, in the morning we will cross the canyon." I opened my eyes as I heard the man spoke. He said nothing in three days, which was strange. I felt the kart stop and the men groaned in relief.

"Check on the girl. We have no use to her if she's dead." The man grunted close to my direction. I suddenly felt hands on my arms, pulling me up to sit. I held my breath as I felt the bag being pulled off my head, finally giving desperate relief.

I hissed as the light hit me. Three days of a dark bag made my eyes sensitive, which gave me headaches every time I tried to look. In my blurry vision,I looked at the man in front of me.
Though it was no use,since I couldn't focus on anything except the bright light.

"Here. You must drink. If you die then my ass will be on the line, so drink up."

I felt a rim of a cup shoved against my lips. I didn't fight it as I drank deeply and was grateful since my headaches finally stopped. My eyes also recovered somewhat. I looked instantly at the man that stood at the edge of the kart near me.

I panicked and tried to either move away or kick him in his face. Either way, I just stared at the man. He sighed heavily and looked at the cup.
He looked at me unamused as he spoke.

"If you want more water,than nod."
I stared at him wearily but eventually nodded. I was thirsty but also..
It was a good chance of trying to escape at least.

As he sighed and walked away, I quickly surveyed my surroundings and my heart sank down to my stomach. We were surrounded by dry desert, almost in a mountainous terrain.

Even if I would probably die if I tried to escape, I still moved to the edge of the kart. If was difficult since they also took initiative to chain up my feet.
I figured that it probably wasn't their first time with people escaping.
I shuffled over to the edge and bended over the edge, then I tried to move down to throw myself off the kart.

I tried not to fall on my head, which luckily I didn't. But the stones on the ground cut up my shoulder as I fell.
I bit my lower lip, trying not to cry or groan as the stones still stayed in the cuts.

I layed on my stomach and tried to roll.

I know this looks incredibly stupid,but what was I supposed to do? Let them take me and do whatever they wanted to do with me?

I managed to roll a good few metres before a foot stepped on my back hard. I gasped as the air was knocked out of me. Just then, the unamused voice of the man thundered.

"You must be incredibly stupid. If you weren't so valuable, I would've left you right here to die." The foot lifted from my back, letting me breathe.
I coughed and panted.

His hands lifted my torso and hoisted me up onto his shoulder. My head swayed as he started walking, but not before he made one last remark.

" Even if it was rather foolish. I must admit, I commend your attempt to try to escape."

As the resolve left my body with each step he took, I prayed silently that whatever happens from this point forwards..
That I will stay alive.

(Hey mah peoples. I just wanted to drop a note that the chapters after this one can get really graphic and will feature torture. So if you find those triggering then please try to skip over those.

Stay save and groovy peoples)
♡⁠(⁠˃͈⁠ ⁠દ⁠ ⁠˂͈⁠ ⁠༶⁠ ⁠)