Waiting for Arthur Pendragon

Waiting here, for thousands of years and yet I still have not gotten over you. The way you smile, the way you make me smile when you say the most clot polliest things. The way your hair is more golden then the sun, how it sits perfectly and yet it is untidy?

Your eyes remind me of the ocean. Sometimes there light and other times there the deepest of blues. I remember getting lost in them. It felt like I was swimming through the warm water and I was as happy as anything or anyone could be.

Sometimes I think my mind has portrayed my eyes and I mistake you for an angel, in my dreams. Yes I still dream of you. Everyday you do not return to me is one more night I get to see your face. It's not all good though. Some nights I see the day you died in my arms. The day you collapsed, and the way I held you close.

You said "just hold me" but my mind thought other wise. I needed to get you to the lake, I needed you to be safe. But I am no knight, I don't have us much strength as the angel in my arms did. So with every tug and pull I could not lift you, you wouldn't move. You always were persistent.

When your arm came up to my head and you whispered "thank you" you saved your last breath for me. I should be thanking you for saving me in every way.

My tears right now are for you and you alone. No one will make me forget you, even when I'm gone my mind will only think of Arthur Pendragon.

You gave me your last breath. So in return I will wait for you, like I've done before. I will wait till my skin is worn and my heart is weak.

I will wait until there's no more moves left for me to make. Until there's no more breathes left for me to take.