Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Bùenos diàs" Mother shouts from the doorway. I barely got any sleep last night. I slowly rose from my pillow and rubbed my heavy eyes. "Good morning, Mum," I mutter in English. Why was um at my doorway…  Oh no, today is my 21st birthday. Uhhh how could I  forget? I cautiously rose from my bed, heading towards my mother. My silk sheets were in a heap. I kept on fidgeting last night. My chandelier swung softly in the cool ghost of the wind going through my window. The busy streets of Cornovia were full of noise and bustle. The celebrations will start soon and I need to get ready. I approached Mother, her gold, luscious hair falling on her shoulders." Búenous diás, happy birthday to my firstborn." her smile was brighter than the sun. " Thanks, Mum. Where is Dad?" "Pór fávor, please, he is busy getting your birthday surprise ready!" "Speaking of getting ready, I need to get changed. Amour mum!" Mum swiftly glided out of the room. Presumably to wake up Rose. My heart was beating like a drum. Why was Dad so busy getting my present ready that he could even come and say happy birthday? With a million thoughts running through my head, I walk toward my closet. So many dresses hang creating curtains of clothes. However, there was one in particular that was made for this occasion(my birthday). An ember gown flows onto the floor filling it with color. Gold elements drift through the waistline giving it a shine. A love heart shape ending provides the dress the perfect finish. Excitement coursed through my veins. I was finally ready to rule. As I undress from my night robes, the village grows louder. I take a steaming shower and slip into my elegant gown. Then there was a knock on the door. I wonder who it could be…