prom night.

charlie spring admired his boyfriend, as he watched his friends leave, after their prom after party. then soon enough.. it was his turn. he didn't want to go. he approached him slowly. he lifted his head up to lock eyes with the boy he loved so deeply. they hadn't said it.. but charlie felt love for nick, so deeply that he couldn't breathe without him by his side.
        "do i have to go?"
his words were soft spoken. he didn't want to leave nick, because their last words were so special to him.. he came out about his self harm. something he had been incredibly insecure about for a while now. as he gazed up at nick, his expression turned genuine, and heartfelt.. he gently raised his hand and placed it on nicks cheek. he pressed his lips onto his, locking in his love, for just a minute longer.

nick watched as everyone left, once it was just him and charlie, all he did was admire the hell out of him. his hair.. his eyes.. everything about him was so perfect. he blushed heavily. he couldn't be happier when he was with him, he felt so safe and he felt like he could be himself around the boy. his mind was somewhere else without charlie.
                "i'm afraid so, but i'll see you tomorrow."
he said, his voice was tired, so it sounded drained. he was very happy that he had charlie in his life.

    after a little bit, charlie left.. leaving nick by his door. nick closed the door.. his demeanor changing drastically. he met eyes with his mom,
      "nicky? are you well?" she asked, her voice was soft and tender as always.
    nick quietly nodded before running upstairs to his room. he slammed his door shut and held his chest, as he was trying to stop himself from having a panic attack. so much was happening.. he was feeling so much.
   he went to bed that night, with tears in his eyes. but, also.. happiness. he went to prom with the boy he loved, and after, he had a party with his friends. everything was perfect.
he slept until his alarm woke him up at 5:30 am that morning.