Guardian

I ran as fast as I could away from him. The king of Hell. His name, Crowley.

"Darling you cannot run from a demon, I'm afraid," the calm, husky, accented voice behind me said.

There was a flash of him in front of me and the next thing I knew I was flying through the air. I crashed into a wall and fell to the ground. He stalked toward me, his hand out as to grab my throat. I lifted into the air, my back dragging against the wall. I couldn't breathe.

"Enough Crowley," a familiar and stern voice said somewhere to my right.

My vision was starting to get blurry. I was suffocating.

"Who are you?" Crowley said, turning his head toward the man in a black leather trench coat with a stetson hat to match.

"I'm her guardian. Let her go,"

"Do you really think you can order around the King of Hell?"

The grip on my throat tightened and I inched up the wall a bit. I heard the man take a step towards us.

"ah ah ah Sonny. One wrong move and she'll be dead."

The man froze.

"Now, I'll ask again. Who are you?"

"Richard,"

"Nice to meet you Richard,"

"I'm not here for small talk. Let her go,"

Crowley chuckled.

"I'll make a deal with you. Your soul, for the girl,"

"I'm not making any deals with you,"

Crowley looked up. He was standing under a Devil's Trap.

"Now let her go," Richard demanded again.

Crowley slowly let me down. I gasped for breath once I reached the floor.

"Now if you will please let me go I have other business to tend to, sir," Crowley growled.

Richard snapped a finger and the Devil's Trap disappeared.

"Thank you," Crowley said before he disappeared.

Richard jogged over to me and kneeled.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

I nodded and looked up at him. He was beautiful, if a man could be beautiful.

"Y-yes. Thank you uh, Richard,"

He smiled.

"I can take you home, if you'd like"

"I'd like that,"

We both smiled. Then I was home. We teleported.

"How did you-"

"As I told Crowley, I'm your guardian"

"So-"

"I'm with the angels,"