stressed

Year: 2007

You lay on the bed messing around with your computer while Emmy was in the shower. Emmy originally didn't want to shower. She said distinctly,
"Y/n, when I get home, I'm going to work."
Which you were alright with. Everyone has to work, and especially Emmy. She was writing songs for her first ever album, she's calling it, "inside out." On top of that she also was playing, "Fiona Gallagher" on shameless. So she definitely had a lot on her hands.

The only problem was, when she arrived home, she was visibly tense, and looked on the verge of tears. It made your heart break to see her in that state. You insisted she take a shower. Showers had always calmed you down.
~~~~~~~

She emerged from the bathroom in grey sweat pants, and a black and white stripped t-shit. You smile at her, "feelin any better, sweetheart?" I sighs and softly smiles,"yeah, a little bit, thanks for the suggestion, hun." She gives your hair a small ruffle before sitting down next to you and opening her laptop. I sigh, "Emmy.."

She glances back at me, then to her computer. "Yes, y/n?" I sit behind her and gently massage her shoulders. She a relieved sigh. "Ems, I don't want you overworkin' yourself." She sigh again, "I know, I know. And trust me, I don't wanna be working right now either. But I've gotta get these done in..jeez..two days?!" I wrapped my arms around her and gently rock her body with mine. "Emmyyy..."

She gently pushed up her glasses with her index finger. "Yes, y/n?" She always has said that. Anytime you call for her, she always says that same: "yes, y/n?" Even on the phone. She always said it exactly the same, since the day you've met her. And she doesn't do it to anyone else, either. At this point she probably does it get on your nerves.

"Listen..I know you want to work but..god..you're so tired and tense. You know I hate seeing you like this.." you sighed and she leaned her head back. You looked down at her. "I miss cuddling you, baby.."

Her face softened and she lifted her head up to softly kiss you on the nose. "You wanna snuggle that bad..?" She chuckles.
You nod a excitedly. She smiles and turns around, "you're such a dork." She always calls you a dork, but you know she just says it because she's falling harder. That or you're just actually a dork...but you like the first option better.

She wrapped her arms around your neck and you pulled her close. She smiled and nuzzled into the crook of your neck. I gently layed up down and carefully closed her laptop with my foot.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened today, Em?" You ask sweetly. She sighs and nods. "Nothing bad in particular happened, it was just..a lot of work, you know? Overwhelming, I guess." You kiss her forehead. "Yeah, I do know." She gives you a small smile,"but I feel better now we're holding each other."

"Well good," you replied. "I really do think you deserve a break, especially after displaying your tits in every scene, sounds very tiring." She smiled her sweet smile up at you. "Wow, you really know how to make a girl feel special."

You shrug your shoulders, "what can I say. It's a talent." She laughed and squeezed you tighter. She was practically melting.

"You know, I think we still have some ice cream in the freezer." You said. She perked up, "ice cream?" She asked excitedly. You smile, "yep! I saved it just for you!"

She smiled widely and sprung out of bed, sprinting to the kitchen.

She just really likes ice cream.

You chuckle and follow her. You come down the stairs and see her standing by the kitchen counter quickly eating ice cream. You raise a brow and walk up to her. "You'll get brain freeze."

"Whatever, I'm hungry." She grumbles and keeps eating. You sit and watch her. She shoves it in her face as if she hasn't eaten in days. You pull up a chair and patiently waiting for her to finish. About halfway through the pint she stop and puts her first two fingers on her temple.