Hopeless Romantic

Jungkook POV

At 3 AM

Another night spent in complete darkness and silence of my room. I can't sleep. The pressure of work is not enough to make me want to sleep. I want somebody!!! I need somebody, anybody! 

Ugh… I've been wanting a relationship for a while now. It sucks when literally everyone in your company has a romantic partner but you don't. Well not everyone but most of them. Whatever! I did not shift to Japan for this!! 

I see my phone light up. Is it from tin*er? Do I have a match?? I take my phone out of charge and see the notification. 

Jimin -

Hey Jungkookie! 

If you are still awake can you send me the address of the restaurant we went to for company dinner last time? 

Jungkook - 

Why? 

Jimin - 

What why? Just tell me. 

Jungkook - 

You going on a date or something? 

Jimin - 

Yes. Now that you know, send me the address! I need to sleep too. 

Jungkook - 

You're making me feel even more single than I already am 🥲

Jimin - 

Yo. You should go on dates too then. Want me to set you up with someone? 

Jungkook -

NO

Jimin - 

See… ! 

You're afraid of dates and then say you feel single. That's hypocrisy. 

Jungkook - 

Uhh….Ok fine. That's true. I'll just send you the address. 

Jimin - 

Okie dokie! 

Jungkook - 

Hahaha

That's Jimin for you. He can attract literally anyone. No matter the gender. He's an employee at my company but we are pretty close friends. I've known him since university. Sigh. 

Must be nice to have options. I, on the other side…. It's not like I don't get confessions. I do. A lot of them but… I reject them all. I need a lover but I want to fall for them first! A few years back even Jimin confessed to me but I turned him down. The only thing I seem to be in love with is my work and my bed. 

I think I'm getting my Karma for rejecting so many people and now I can't fall for anyone. God save me!!! 

I went on a few dates but they were flop and since then I've been afraid of going on dates again. 

Having no idea what else to do I turn on some music, turn on my mood lamp and start singing. 

That's another thing I'm in love with. 

The Next Day 

I wake up to the loud noise of my doorbell. Someone keeps ringing it nonstop. 

I yell, "Stop ringing the fuc**ng bell!! It's gonna break!! "

I go to the door and open it. 

Yoongi - "Did you just curse at me you little-"

Jungkook - "Uh.. Um.. Sorry H-hyung. I was half asleep and I didn't knew… "

Yoongi - "Ugh… forget it. Did you just wake up?"

Jungkook - "Hm.. "

Yoongi - "You should take a break dude. Go on some vacation or just take a rest. "

Jungkook - "Hyung… I'm fine…Btw, why did you come here so early in the morning? "

Yoongi - "Early??? Did you see the clock? It's 1PM!! Everyone's been calling you since like 9AM. At first we thought you might be busy or just being absent but it's been hours since then!! I thought you were in some trouble. "

Jungkook - "Sorry hyung… Sorry I made you all worried.. My phone must have been on silent. I slept late too. "

Yoongi - "When did you sleep? "

Jungkook - "After 5…(Awkward smile) 

Yoongi - " Kook…that's..ugh…"

Jungkook - "Hyung…come inside. Don't just stand there."

Yoongi - "You aren't going to request me to clean your room. Right? "

Jungkook - "Nono. My room is clean! "

Yoongi - "I hope so.. "

Yoongi steps inside and sees that Jungkook isn't lying. The room indeed is clean but in the midst of that cleanliness he notices something. Two empty beer cans on the table. He looks at Jungkook who still looks quite sleepy. 

Yoongi - "I think I'll make a hangover soup for you. "

Jungkook - "Hang- what?? "

Yoongi - "Aren't you feeling the hangover? I'll make the soup. Sit here. "

Jungkook - "Hyung… what hangover? I didn't drink! "

Yoongi - "Yeah sure. You didn't drink, someone just barged in your house and emptied two cans of beer. Right? "

Jungkook - "Hyung what the-"

Jungkook looks at the table and notices the beer cans. Then he remembers. 

Jungkook - "Oh those… Jin and Namjoon hyung came yesterday and we had lunch together. They drank those after lunch and I forgot to throw them in the dustbin. I also had a lot of work in the office so I just didn't notice. "

Yoongi - "Sigh… regardless I'm making you a hangover soup. "

Jungkook - "Just make the breakfast when you're at it. Hehe. "

Yoongi - "I'm not your maid! Go and wash up. We've got work. "

Jungkook - "OkOk."

Jungkook walks into his room and takes a shower. After a shower when he comes out of his room a delicious smell hits his nose. Even though Yoongi acts tough in front of Jungkook he's got a soft spot for his brother. Jungkook leans on the kitchen counter and says, "I thought you weren't my maid ~"

Yoongi - "Shut up and eat the food if you don't wanna starve. "

Jungkook - "Yes sir! "

Jungkook does a small salute to yoongi and sits on the table ready to eat breakfast.

After they finish their breakfast or lunch cause it's already afternoon, Yoongi leaves cause he has more work at the company. 

Jungkook is again alone in his house and is too overwhelmed to start checking all those emails and files. 

Jungkook POV

This is too boring. Should I just get some work done….. Nah! I feel too lazy… what should I do? Phone? No. Do painting? No… The weather seems nice… Let's take a walk around! wait a second. Did I shower yesterday? Ohh! Yeah I did. Hmm… Then maybe I can go without a shower today. I wear black T-shirt and pants with a blue and white shirt on top. I also wear a mask to not catch anyone's attention.

Author - What do you think? Will Jungkook be able to bring some change in his boring and tiring life? Keep reading to know 😉