~~ Chapter 1 ~~

Perrie's pov
May 20th 2019

|| 15:07 ||

This was my first time meeting Thalia. She knows she's going home with me today, but we haven't been able to meet in person yet.

But I do know a lot about her. She's a very shy, introverted girl and she's going to take a long time to get used to me and my lifestyle. I was very very nervous, that's why my mum came with me.

"You're going to be the best mum ever." She has said that so many times, but I still smile at that sentence every time.

"I'm going to try." I reply. She smiled back at me as the car stopped.

We're picking her up at her foster home. The adoption agency had told me that they weren't really nice to Thalia, so they wanted me to take her home as soon as possible. I finished the classes 2 days ago, so I am certified foster mum now.

Me, my mum and Thalia's caseworker stood in front of the door. I rung the doorbell and the door almost instantly opened.

"You must be Perrie, I'm Linda." The woman who opened the door said. "She's in the living room, her stuff is right here." Linda said and pointed to 2 trash bags and a small backpack.

The caseworker, who's name was Eliza, had already walked into the living room. I heard her greet Thalia, I also heard a little voice, it was adorable.

Linda led us to the living room and I saw a small girl sitting on the ground playing with her stuffed bunny. She looked up after a couple seconds of us just standing there.

"Hi Thalia, I'm Perrie." I smiled softly. Her eyes widened when she saw me, I smiled even brighter at that.

She mumbled something to herself as I walked up to her, but I couldn't hear what she said.

"I'm here to take you home, and that is my mum, her name is Debbie." I said and pointed at mam. I reached out to grab her hand, she accepted it and stood up. She held her bunny with the other hand, she had tight grip on it. "What's his name?" I asked when we reached her bags.

"Bunny." She whispered. I smiled and bend down to grab her bags.

"I'll get them Pez." Mum said and grabbed the bags before I could.

"Let's get in the car." I said to her and opened the door for her. She had a skeptical look on her face and turned to look at me. "Do you want me to lift you in?" I asked with a small smile. She nodded, so I lifted her up and put her in the carseat we had installed for her.

I got in the back with her and my mum and the caseworker got in the front.

I studied her face and saw that she was trying not to cry. I didn't know what to do until she looked at me, she let the tear fall and I grabbed her hand.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked. She looked down and stopped herself from saying something. "You can tell me." I whisper so that only she heard it.

"Scared." She whispers back.

"You don't have to be baby." I whisper. She looks up at me and studies my face. Her faces softened when my expression changed from worried to visibly relaxed and happy. You really have that impact on children, without noticing it. "I'm never going to hurt you, never." I said and kissed her hand.