Chapter 1

"I don't know why you would say that" my mother speaks in her firm, angry voice "Oh I don't know, maybe because it's true maybe, because I know you don't love me or Chris" I stand up, grabbing my brothers arm "I know you only care about yourself and nobody else everyone is just a pawn on your board, you manipulate them into thinking you're the best when you're actually a witch behind a perfectly made up mask" My voice is louder then I mean for it to be. "Julia Jean Edwards" my mother looks at my dead in the eyes sending chills down my body "get out of my house now" I stare at her dumbfounded by those words.
"What?" I stutter.
"GET OUT NOW" She storms towards me slapping me so hard I stumble backwards into the wall. Chris wipes tears from his eyes and runs into his room quickly."Fine I'll leave but you'll see how much you need me" I go to my room slamming clothes and necessities into a bag before storming out of the house and slamming the door so hard the window breaks. My walking turns into a jog, then a sprint, and finally I'm running away into a forest. I don't know where I was going. I just let my feet guide me. The trees grew tall, almost touching the sky and the sun burned bright hitting against my bare arms. The slight breeze made the weather absolutely perfect. It wasn't too hot but it wasn't too cold. I looked back but I couldn't see the houses anymore, only trees as far as I could see.

|| Word count: 276||