Introduction

Welcome to the Minecraft Essential Handbook! It contains all the info you need to stay alive during your first few days. It's packed with tips from creator Notch and developer Jeb as well, as well known Minecraft experts including Paul Soares Jr., host of the Survive and Thrive YouTube tutorial series and CaptainSparklez, famous Minecraft YouTuber and creator of the Minecraft Style music video. With the help of this handbook, you'll soon be well on your way towards becoming an expert yourself!

Minecraft is a block-building sandbox game with no set rules, where you can build anything you can possibly imagine. You will begin in the first dimension, the Overworld, where you might find yourself in one of several different environments (or biomes): swamp, extreme hills, taiga, desert, forest, plains, jungle, ice plains, ocean, or even the rare mushroom biome.

From the Overworld you can enter the Nether-a hellish landscape of doom, and the End-a terrifying spit of sand in the middle of space, inhabited by the ended dragon! There are achievements to earn as you progress through the game. You can play alone or with others. You can play in safe Creative mode exploring the land and building amazing things, or Survival mode, hunting and mining and fighting the monsters that come out at night.

What kind of adventure will you choose? It's up to you!