Discovery

A yellow dragon, adorned with black and yellow stripes, stepped into a dark and musty cave. She was out of place. A faint scent of sulphur perpetrated the air. The steady drip of water falling from hanging stalactites broke the thick silence. The dragons scales glistened in the fading sun, slowly sinking outside the cave entrance as it cast a shadow, long and foreboding. Another dragon, with orange scales and black spots around his eyes, blank and empty, stepped into the cave. "So?" demanded Queen Wasp. "Where is it?" "Yes, yes," said the other. "I was just getting to that. Follow me, Your Majesty." 

She lead Queen Wasp deep into the winding caverns, the dark passageways not even fazing him. He knew this place well. Finally, they came to a large chamber, lit by thousands of a luminous, crystalline substance that made them seem almost transparent. They're scaled glittered and blinked in the sparkling light, their vision tinted with blue and green and red and other colours that couldn't be described. In the centre of the room, a huge crystal sat, larger than the others by a tenfold. And yet it gave off no glow at all. It looked like it could store a dragon in it.

"Here it is, Your Majesty". The blank eyed Hivewing slithered away, allowing Wasp to examine it further. There were strange engravings on the rock, eroded, but still visible. It seemed to depict a dragon being carried towards something bright, then a fierce battle between the dragons carriers and the dragon, now depicted with a malicious grin, scales damaged and worn. Like stone. Queen Wasp straightened. Down the crystal, there were the remains of words, alien to her. The rest had been scratched off by something yet to have made itself known. She smiled.

"Well" she said "If it truly works in the way you described..."

"Then this will work just fine."