4: ADELAIDE

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

3 Years Ago - 3rd June 2017

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

     The problem with not living alone is that when you spend time on your own, it gets lonely. Then there's the added problem of when you live with both your best friend and boyfriend, and because they're the same person, when they're not around, it gets incredibly boring.

Since meeting Fletcher two years ago, during my creative writing module of my joint degree, I've always been by his side. We worked together on a presentation, became friends and eventually something more – after we slept together while drunk after said presentation. Ever since, we haven't been apart, and it definitely made moving out of dorms easier as we moved in together.

But now it means while he's on his week placement in London, I've been lonely as fuck. Sort of. I've been out with friends and spoken to Harrison... but nothing's the same without Fletch. Though he's on his way home now, so it's not too bad.

I close the document I'm working on for my dissertation and stare at social media. Working on this bloody thing for two hours straight is sending me loopy. Besides, it's after ten at night. I need to relax before Fletcher gets back.

My social media timeline is people breaking down over assignments, asking questions about it, photos of drunken nights out, or a few engagement announcements. Now is usually the time, anyway. People spend a few years together or are together with someone from home. They make it through and then get engaged at the end. It makes me wonder about how a ring would look around my finger, or how an engagement ring would look around his finger.

I could propose; the thought has crossed my mind multiple times recently. I just wouldn't know how he'd react – I've no doubt he'd say yes, but it's more, would he be too upset he didn't get in there first or something?

Why would he do that, though? He'd make it a joke more than anything.

Something to think about closer to graduation, I think. We're both under so much pressure with dissertations. That, and I need to work up the courage to finally admit my sexuality to him. It's not like I've made a secret of my bisexuality – I comment on hot women regularly – but if we're going to be serious and get married, surely he deserves the right to know?

I quickly send him a text to tell him I missed him and will pick him up from the station when his train gets in. I don't expect a reply because I know he'll be rushing to make his train like Fletcher Ward usually does. Either that or he'll already be sitting on the train, waiting for it to depart and writing on his phone to transfer to his laptop when he gets home – he was so annoyed when he left it here because they gave him a work one.