Kabanata 3

Kasabay nang pagkakasabi niya noon ay biglang may dumating at tumigil na sasakyan sa aming harapan, at the same time, our gate opened, revealing Mumeee and Dee-dee that was smiling to each other while holding-hands, however, I was so thankful beca...

Kasabay nang pagkakasabi niya noon ay biglang may dumating at tumigil na sasakyan sa aming harapan, at the same time, our gate opened, revealing Mumeee and Dee-dee that was smiling to each other while holding-hands, however, I was so thankful because had not of that interruption, I probably would just crumble into a heap at Vini’s feet, begging him not to do this to me.

“Oh, there you are, doll! You are just on time,” sabi ni Dee-dee sabay lapit at akbay sa akin. “We have visitors tonight.”

Mula sa kaniya ay nilingon ko si Mumeee na sinasalubong ‘yong mga taong bumababa roon sa biglang dumating na sasakyan. A man and a woman who looked like a couple and probably the same age with my parents or maybe older by few years, climbed down from the backseat.

“Good evening,” Mumeee greeted.

Hinila ako ni Dee-dee sa kanila. He kissed the woman on the cheeks, however gave the man a handshake.

“Good evening,” he told them.

“Good evening,” the man replied and then looked at me and back to my parents again. “Is that she?”

Dee-dee nodded his head. Samantalang, si Mumeee naman ang nagpakilala sa akin doon sa mga bisita. But all along, I wasn’t with myself. My mind was still with what Vini had told me and my heart was still breaking at that thought.

I was so hurt to the point I could feel sensation akin to a sharp pain beneath my ribcage.

I am courting Kisses, Dal.

I shook my head off those thoughts and was about to tilt my head to Vini remembering about him but Mumeee warranted my attention.

“She is Dalilah,” aniya sa kanila.

“Siya na ba talaga ‘yon? The last I remembered, she was still so small,” sabi noong lalaki.

Huh?

Nagkita na ba kami noong bata pa ako?

“Yes, Erol, she is that baby,” natatawang tango ni Mumeee.

“Time flies, isn’t it?” the man Mumeee called Erol said and also chuckled. “It seemed like just yesterday when she demanded to be breastfed, pero ang gusto lang naman talaga niya ay ang paalisin na ako.”

“Oh, you noticed? Nakakahiya,” ani Mumeee.

Humalakhak ‘yong lalaki at saka tumingin kay Dee-dee.

“And who is the mastermind?” he asked.

Dee-dee tsk-ed. “Come on! That was ages ago! You were so annoying back then,” aniya na mabilis namang sinaway ni Mumeee.

“Dallas!”

“It’s okay. That was in the past, anyway,” tawa noong lalaki.

Natatawang umiling-iling na lang din si Mumeee at saka tumingin sa akin. “Dal, they are Erol and Eloise Muller, our business partners,” she introduced.