The first chirps of the morning.

𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐊 – 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 !!

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

It has been a couple of hours since I started this show. It took up so much of my time, I lost track of it. After regaining myself from this entrapping tv show, I check the time.

1:58 AM

I panic. Did I just waste my entire night when I couldʻve been sleeping?? 

I hadnʻt gone to sleep earlier because I hoped for someone to message me but never did. As I am trying to recollect my thoughts, I think. I need to use the bathroom... I get up and make my way to the bathroom as quietly as possible. It felt as if I were about to be caught any second, so I stealthily rush to the bathroom. Closing the door and then turning on the light to not wake my parents. After doing my business, I open the door, making a really subtle CREEEEAK.

I'm screwed.

My dog barks at the sudden noise and comes down the hall to check out what's happened. Slowly opening the door, I pet him.

Shhh– its ok, it's just me Leo.

I close the light and look down the dark hall awaiting me. I begin heading back to my room, but I get curious about what's down that hall. There's a quiet atmosphere that engulfs me. The living room pulls me in, with such a soft ambiance of the cars amongst the roads ahead. The highways can be heard, and although the world is sleeping, some stay awake before everyone.

I plop myself onto the couch and look out the window to behold a nightly sight of my world. There are many lights still lit, with noises of cars and a part of the world awake. It makes me wonder.

There are other people like me, up at the crack of dawn. I wonder what they are doing right now? What do people do to occupy their time at this hour?

I've lived in this house for 7 years and have seen this view countless times. And yet, it feels like I've just witnessed something so quiet yet captivating.

Looking down at the world before me, the full moon stares at me. Or at least I think it's full, it doesnʻt feel full to me. As if there is but a sliver missing from it, a missing piece. Looking up at the moon somehow calmed me. I donʻt know how but it felt like every single weight of emotions was lifted off of me. I felt at ease, more relaxed than I had ever been. The moon shone brightly, kind of reminding me of a flashlight I mess around with in my room.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Oh right, my room.

I think about heading back but I feel so submerged by the moon's rays, I didnʻt want to leave. I could stay there forever, staring at the moon for as long as I could see.

*cough*... *cough* *cough*

I hear a hacking of coughs coming from my parent's room.

Oh no..someone's up.

I swiftly and smoothly make it back to my room through the kitchen. Carefully placing my feet on the outer sides of the spaces, in hopes of not causing other noises. Thankfully, I made it back in one piece.

But, I feel as if I had left something at that window with the moon. A part of me with the moon. I like to think about how we all share the same moon. Someone completely random from the other side of the world could be sharing that moment with you, without you even knowing. Even with people you do know, perhaps a partner distanced away.

You may not share the same life. Share the same people. Share the same new memories. But you will always and forever share the same moon, watching over both of you go through life, and someday youʻll meet again.

Laying back in bed, I feel like I am being pulled back out to gaze at the world just one last time before I miss it. Finally mustering up the courage, I leave my room one more time, just one more look. I look out of the kitchen window this time for a better chance of not getting caught. Wow.

It makes me feel...at peace with myself.

I stare at the view from the window for quite some time, admiring the common yet absorbing lights. Such pretty lights. This universe may make some ordinary things, but someone will learn to appreciate them for what they truly are. Many find it weird to see ordinary objects and things to be considered pretty. But I think they just donʻt know how to appreciate some things that deserve it, that do so much for us, that are taken for granted.

Returning for the last time to my room, laying in bed, thinking. Throughout the week I had been thinking too much, crying nights, and tired days. Stopping my thinking, I lay there quietly. Feeling the blankets wrapped around me, comforting my many emotions. Damn– I just wasted 4 hours watching shows.

With all of the silence in the room, it is then broken with the sounds coming from outside. Lying there so still not to make a peep,

I hear the first chirps of the morning.

– Me

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜