Prologue

A young brunet gazed at the full moon from her balcony with hopeful eyes , hands joined to pray and implore the celest star to be willing to grant her a husband before the end of the Spring.She smile politely silently promising to be appreciative until the rest of her days for this season was the long awaited opportunity to do her duty as a the eldest daughter.But her monologue is then disturbed by the hurried light steps of a little girl running in her direction .

"Anne" . cried a little redhead with her face covered in black ink, the maskara was falling like black tears and stained her pale skin . She had the looks of a monstrous creature . Anne gasped horrified by the view and couldn't help but sympathize with the domestics that were certainly looking for her. "What were you smiling for ?"

The little girl ran toward her older sister in a hurry , her adorable night dress was crumbled by the unending race and shenanigans she had subjected the entire house until this avening. But it was clear as day that putting her to bed would be a very difficult task.The little grimling was already attempting to climb the rail of the balcony , her little feet getting tangled in the fragile silk of her dress. Anne sighted and lifted her little sister and put her to the ground as she froze like a scared deer.

"This is not an appropriate behavior , Pollyanna."Lectured Anne with a serious tone.Take a look at your hair , one would confuse them with the fur of a wild animal.But Anne rapidly noticed the unchanged annoyed expression of her speaker."I was praying for tomorrow's party and my future husband , naturally."

"But you won't even love your said future husband".protest Pollyanna . "That is ridiculous."

"There is no issue in a loveless marriage , those sort of thing are far more complicated than a affair of love ".Explained the brunet faking indifference with a more formal tone , the one she always used to discuss money trouble ."But I assure you that you'll understand my reason when your turn arrive."

"But I don't want to be married!" protested the little girl with vehemence .

Anne stopped an instant to look at her sister's expression , she could read anger and betrayal in those eyes of hers .

"Polly , I know that a clever and sharp girl such as you surely will understand .Everyone wants and needs to be married for the well being of our family ." Anne said with a gentle voice .

Pollyanna stared at her sister's expression without a word , her blue eyes still filled with rage and betrayal . Her little body was shaken by upcoming sobbing .

"Why are you always this annoying ? " she screamed before taking her leave .

Anne observed the little girl running in her room , but she was too startled to stop her.She sighted , saddened by Pollyanna's words.Lately , she had been giving Anne a rather unpleasant time .The lady could only hope that this attitude of hers would weaken or disappear with age. But at night such as this avening , she worries that her wishes remain unfulfilled . She took a last glance at the full moon shining like the brightest diamond in the nightly sky .She might , surely , for sure find a wealthy man to marry.