The Great Exiling

"May I bring everyone's attention to the Leader's Stump!" a dark brown tabby molly called out. Her fur was long, and twisted in different directions. Her front left paw and tail tip both were a very distinct shade of white. Her name was Wild Fire.

Cats began to form a crowd around the stump, as Wild Fire sat atop the stump. She was the current leader of the clowder. Sat next to her was her brother, Mud Puddle. He wanted to be heir, but she had just taken her position the day before, and hadn't yet figured out who she'd wanted to take that position yet.

"As you may know, some of our seniors have grown in age, and with age comes sickness and other bodily issues. With a heavy heart, I must send them to the caretaker's residence, where they will be cared for. Those who will be going, are Queenie, Thomson, Koi, and my beloved father, Nougat. May the caretaker care for your every need and woe." Wild Fire said, holding back tears.

Koi and Nougat sat side by side. Koi had gone half blind to age, and Nougat was going deaf. He had a horrible ear infection which needed treating. The two of them had lived a rather fulfilling life, both finding love with other cats in the colony and having kits to continue their legacy. Age had caught up to them, though, making them weak.

"You gonna speed back to the caretaker's shelter?" a rather old, somewhat shaky Nougat taunted Koi.

"You should know I don't have the same energy as I did when I was young." Koi chuckled, helping Nougat to his feet.

Queenie had gone both blind and deaf, and Thomson was beginning to lose mobility in his legs. They were a quiet bunch, but they enjoyed the time they had together.

"Stormy Night." Wild Fire called out to the crowd.

"Yes?" she answered, her head peeping up from the crowd.

"May you lead these seniors to the caretaker's residence? I was informed you were one of the first of us to have found it." Wild Fire explained.

"Oh, yes of course!" Stormy Night nodded, as the crowd began to disperse.

Kits of the elder cats said their farewells to their parents, sad to see them leaving. One cat in particular was rather distant from the crowd. A quiet white molly with distinctly dichroic eyes, being both blue and gold. Her name was Dove Call. She wasn't related to any of the leaving cats, rather one who had already left. Her mother, Daisy.

Ever since she was born, she never spoke. The other cats found this strange, but Daisy wasn't concerned. She found ways to get around this disability, and Dove Call seemed happy with this. Ever since Daisy had left, though, Dove had been very distant to the clowder.

Stormy Night made sure all the seniors were ready to go, and lead them to the caretaker's residence.

"I still remember traveling through the forest, seeing all the wondrous things nature had to offer..." Koi recalled, sighing.

"I'm sure the caretaker will let you see again." Stormy Night smiled, with an optimistic look. Koi couldn't see this, though.

"I just want to rest in the comfort of the caretaker's shelter again." Nougat smiled, reminiscing as he walked.

Soon enough, the cats had gotten to the caretaker's residence. There was chatter on the other side of the fence, however, which seemed a bit weird. Any other time Stormy had gone, there wasn't any commotion.

"I hear strange voices, who are they?" Koi asked, nervously.

"I'm sure they're friendly, there's no need to be afraid!" Stormy insisted, making a path for the senior cats to get under the fence.

Koi bonked her head on the fence, before figuring out where the entrance was.

"Just like old times..." she chuckled.