𝟑. Nice work, Taissa.

SCARLETT (1996)

SCARLETT (1996)

Scarlett stretched by everyone as they all did their own stretches and warm ups when the whistle blows.

"All right. Bring it in. Take a knee, ladies." Coach Scott jogs over and everyone gets on one knee.

"What's up, state champs?" He exclaims and everyone cheers.

"Okay, so JV is gonna help us out with a little scrimmage today. Uh, Coach Martinez had to take care of a family thing, so, JV you're gonna grab a pinny from Misty and let's get started."

"Uh, excuse me, Coach Scott. Shouldn't we say a prayer first?" Laura Lee asks.

He chuckles "Its just a scrimmage, Laura Lee." He said and she smiles as she tilted her head to the side.

"But, uh, sure. Yeah, knock yourself out." He clears his throat.

She takes a deep breath "Heavenly Father, let our efforts remain fruitful, so that we may perform in ways glorious to You. In Your name we pray. Amen!"

"Amen!"

✦✧✦✧

"Scarlett!" Allie exclaims while she runs farther and Scarlett kicks the ball to her, which Allie looses it.

Coach blowed his whistle "Come on, Allie. That should've been yours." He yells.

Taissa jogs over to Coach "I want to switch sides. I'll take Allie." She said.

They continue to play and Taissa is being very harsh to Allie, trying to freeze her out but only a couple of them know that.

"Step it up!" Tai yells as the whistle blows.

They fight for the ball and Allie gets the ball and kicks it to Shauna.

"Shauna!"

Shauna kicks it and Allie tries to get it but Taissa tries to get it too and they both trip and a crack is heard.

They all gasp and walk closer to see Allie's fucking bone sticking out.

"Oh my god.." Scarlett mutter as Allie started to cry and everyone is shocked at the sight.

"Help!"

"Okay. Apply pressure to stop the ble-" Misty pressed down and Allie screams in pain.

"Jesus, Misty!"

Some of them kneel by her and try and help her while most of them stand back watching.

"Stop moving, okay?" "You're okay. Breathe."

✦✧✦✧

Everyone was in the locker rooms now, most of them sitting down thinking about what just happen.

A couple of them were standing as Jackie walked in.

Scarlett sat against the lockers beside Nat "I know were all really worried about Allie, but..it might not be as bad as it looks." Jackie talked quietly.

"You could see her fucking bones, Jackie." Nat simply said.

"I'm pretty sure it's exactly as bad as it looks."

"Oh, god. I'm gonna throw up." Van exhales as she looks up at the ceiling.

Scarlett sighs, and gets up to go sit next to Van. Pushing a piece of own hair behind her ear as she rubs on Van's back.

"Okay but I mean, we're still a team. And we still have each other." Jackie keeps going, Scarlett rests her head on Van's shoulder.

"And the Lord works in mysterious ways-" Laura Lee starts but is cut off by Nat slamming her locker shut.

She storms out with her gym bag "Nice work, Taissa."