Part 1: Back Home

Rose's POV

It was so dark I could barely see. I stumbled through the woods, past trees I didn't recognize. Soon I reached a small clearing and was able to orient myself. I headed back in the direction of the party but the alcohol was catching up to me. I grabbed a tree and clung to it when my vision started to blur. The trees seemed wobbly now. My white crop top t-shirt gently stirred from the warm gust of wind winding through the tall trees. The forest was so quiet but beautiful at this hour. As I made my way back towards the house I heard some branches snap. I froze. Shit. I clutched the small Swiss Army knife I always kept in the pockets of my shorts. I had forgotten it was there. My sailing instructors had advised us to always keep one in case of emergency.

I looked around me but didn't see anyone. I tried to run back but tripped and lost my footing. Someone caught me. I looked up, struggling in their muscular arms. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and navy blue shorts. He gripped my waist tightly with one arm but steadied my back gently with the other.

"What are you doing out here?" I drawled, my grip on him going limp. I loosely clutched his white t-shirt with my hands.

"I needed some air," he breathed, close to my face.

"No..." I whispered, closing my eyes and smirking, then opening them again and looking right back at him. "You're hiding from all the girls who want to hook up with you."

He loosened his grip on me for a second, looking away. I knew it. He really was hiding from all those girls. He regained his grip and looked back at me.

"Fine, you got me this time, Henry," he replied, calling me by my last name like he always had.

"Ok, you can put me down," I slurred. My knees gave in.

"I think I should drive you home, I was going back anyway," he whispered. I was silent for a moment. The alcohol was making me think slowly. I opened my mouth, about to say something but instead my eyes slowly closed and opened, looking into his eyes.

They were electric blue. The bluest eyes I'd ever seen in my whole life.

I stared into them for a second too long. I studied his face and how it was half-lit by the light of the moon. I let my hand wander up to his dark brown wavy hair. I smoothed a piece of it that had fallen into his face, only inches from mine and tucked it behind his ear. Suddenly I realized what I was doing. Oh no, Rose, big mistake. I retracted my hand quickly and snapped back to reality.

"I-I don't know," I tried to stand up, even though his arms were still wrapped around me.

"You can't fool me, you're still the same person, Henry," he suddenly lowered his voice. Another pause of silence ensued.

"Okay." I leaned back against a huge tree with soft green moss once I gained my footing.

"Okay what?"

"Okay please take me home," I mumbled as my blonde hair fell in front of my face as I swayed to the music in the background. And then I felt myself being hoisted up, carried to the car, and driven home.

**

Earlier that day:

Will's POV

*slam*

I looked out of my window and saw a girl with long blonde hair getting out of a navy blue sedan in the driveway next door. She was rolling a huge black suitcase and carrying a black backpack on her shoulders. Her blue baseball cap was on backwards and she swore when she stopped and looked up at the house in front of her.