Prologue

He looked disgustedly at me. I've never seen him look at me like this.

"It's all because of you!" he shouted and tears sprung out of my eyes. "Because of you, I can't be with her. How could you be so selfish?" and with one last angry look at me he turned around and started to walk out.

"Wait!" I yelled. He stopped a bit. "I'm sorry Gabriel."I said with my voice faltering. "I can talk to her." but he continued to walk.

"There's nothing you could do." and he slammed the door. Bang!

I woke up. Well that was a horrible way of waking up. I noticed that my face was wet with tears. I could never forget that day. I wish I could fix everything.

Gabriel Coleman was my best friend in preschool until about half way through elementary. That was when he got close with the guys and became a bit disgusted by girls. Our parents are very close since they work together and we live right next to each other. I know, very cliche. I became lonely when he separated from me but Anne came into town and became my best friend. I still felt a certain connection to him and in middle school I admitted to myself that I had a crush on my lanky childhood friend.

In high school, he became taller, more popular (due to basketball), more handsome and a lot a girls were attracted to him. My feelings for him stayed the same. My best friend Anne was the only one to know about it.

In senior year, a rumor spread about who he likes. And guess what. It was me! I acted like it affect me and that I did not have feelings for him.

But it was a rumor and rumors are most likely not true.

When that rumor spread out, the way he looked at me changed. Before that, he would smile at me sometimes and greet me when we meet. He would even walk me home when I go home late for a project.

Around that time, he would avoid me at all cost and became cold. And because of the way he acted, it was justified that I wasn't the one he liked.

After it all cooled down, he became a bit closer to me but it turned out it wasn't me he was after. It was my best friend.

He asked her out a lot of times and was turned down each and every time. But he never gave up.

Anne and I never talked about Gabriel. We always avoided him as a topic. I should have told her to listen to her heart and go out with him if she wanted to. But I was too selfish.

On our graduation day was the day he found out about everything.

I was in our empty classroom when the ceremony ended. I didn't want high school to end. I was peaceful there when somebody bursts in.

It was Gabriel looking like he could kill. It turned out that when he asked out Anne for the last time he got rejected and cried and asked her why. She couldn't hold back her emotions and blurted out that it was because I liked him. He told me that I was a selfish brat and he blamed me for his suffering. He could never forgive me.

Anne and I didn't talk after that. I couldn't forgive myself too. I could never show her my face ever again. I should have given them the chance to be happy, even though the cost was my heart. That way, only one heart would be broken. Not three.