- 8 -

Before leaving for home, Jungkook had taken a photo of the man so they could take it to the police later. Surely he would also want to assault others sexually, and it's a step to making the world a better place.

As soon as the front door falls into the lock, and they've taken off their jackets and shoes, Jeongguk speaks up angrily, "Jimin, where did he touch you?"

Jungkook lets his gaze wander up and down on Jimin, impatiently waiting to hear the answer to his question. He wants to erase those terrible pictures in his mind; how the man touched him and how Jimin tried to push him away but couldn't because of the stranger's strength.

Jungkook hates it.

"It's fine. It's over."

On the other hand, Jimin is over it, or at least he is trying to get over it. If it weren't for Jungkook, he would still be there. He saved him in time, and that's what counts for Jimin.

"Jungkook, where are you going?" Jimin calls after the other anxiously, but it falls on deaf ears. He sits unsteadily on the sofa, unsure what to expect when the other returns. Hearing Jungkook turn on the tap water, he furrows his brows, deepening when Jungkook returns with a wet paper towel in his hand. The other takes a seat, leaving only a few inches between them.

"What are you planning to do?" Jimin asks, confused and eyes him warily. What does he want with the wet paper towel? "You're acting weird."

"I hate that he touched you. Tell me where he touched you with his filthy mouth," Jungkook asks, eyes sparkling with determination, and then it clicks. Jimin sighs and points to the side of his throat.

"Just the throat?" Jimin nods, trying to hold back a giggle. There's absolutely nothing funny about this, nor what he went through earlier, but seeing Jungkook scrunch his nose in disgust and eyes, the part on which Jimin's finger showed just a few seconds ago, makes him want to giggle. There's a chance that Jungkook could be jealous, but of course, Jimin could be totally wrong. There's no reason to be jealous.

Jimin's smile vanishes when Jungkook lifts the paper towel and wipes it carefully over the spot, causing Jimin to flinch in the process.

"You're overprotective, you know that?"

Silence.

"What are you talking about? M-me and o-overprotective?"

Jimin giggles at his stutter.

"Yeah, I mean... I could've just showered." Jungkook hums and stops for a moment, their eyes meeting.

"You could have... but you weren't going." He smirks and goes on while scratching his head, "Anyway, can we start like... um... start talking in school? It gets really lonely there. I don't even know why I had this stupid idea in the first place."

"O-Of course, only if you want to," Jungkook adds.

"I'd love to!" Jimin jumps up, pulling Jungkook in a hug. At that very moment, the front door opens, and their parents appear in the doorframe, lips curling into smiles.

"Are we interrupting a brother moment?" Jimin's mother cooes and leans against Jungkook's father with her head.

Caught red-handed, Jimin and Jungkook freeze, eyes widening when they turn around. They can see their parents standing mere metres away from them, chuckling to themselves.

"Don't worry. We won't disturb you anymore," Jimin's mum says before both parents exit the living room, leaving the boys in an awkward silence.

It's a faint whisper, but Jimin is sure she said how cute they are and it causes his heart to speed up at the thought they could be more than stepbrothers and friends, blushing at the thought. Do they really look cute to outsiders, or did she mean it in a brotherly way?