ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀʏ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ 2

Short recap: 

König a fisher man one day accentually caught a merman, he set it free. The merman who was called y/n thanked him.

Both went on a little trip, where their friendship slowly began. But y/n was still cautious about befriending a human.

-Present-

Since the day König ask to become friends, he often goes to the beach to dive just to hang around with his special friend.

Every day they get a little closer, König tried to not go over the line knowing y/n is still wary of him, so after work he would come to the same place where it all started.

They had this little cipher; König would make a tiny boat made of leaves putting a fish on it as offering.

y/n use that to make sure it was König no one else. 

And of the small boat plop down to the water König would dive down seeing y/n eating his greeting gift. This was their routine.

y/n sometimes leads König to explore the depts, places no regular humans can. but because König is still human that his oxygen tank could run out of air, they couldn't stay too long, but is enough.

"Thank you, y/n. For bringing me to all these amazing places" König taking off this oxygen mask "you're welcome, König" adding a kind nod.

The two share their good byes returning to their places.

Just for context: both have been together roughly 2 and a half months.

During y/n's way home he couldn't help but feel something off, the water was much calmer than it used to, less fish and mammals.

Then midway he was suddenly caught in a net he wasn't aware of or didn't notice. Slowly he was dragged out of the water under the hot sunlight. 

The beaming brightness blinded his vision to his capturer, he then felt hands grabbing him then being dumped into somewhere dark.

...

The merman prince was being sent somewhere while being contain in a container, the sound doesn't sound likes he's somewhere at the ocean, instead roaming noises.

The unfamiliar environment terrifies him, he heard the engine stops, doors open then the container he was in being carried, there was something covering it blocking his entire view.

Later, he heard water flowing, and everything start to tilt, he and the water was pour down to something.

y/n was greeted with some fish and sharks and other things he sees in the ocean, this looks kind of like it but he found there's stuff that he doesn't usually see.

There were some fake shipwrecks and other what seem to be decorations.

Swimming closer, his face hit something, an invisible wall. All marines were also swimming in a regular circle path.

He was brought to an aquarium.

Panicked, he swims around finding ways to get out, but everywhere he touched and swam he was thwarted by the same wall, which we call glass.

Above is no difference, it wasn't a massive endless ocean or a beach, it was all artificial. Some humans walking around.

He heard a lot of faint voices approaching over the glass, was he going to be exposed? At the same time all the species in the same tank as he reacted.

All fishes swim around him, circling. Sharks would swim the outer ring, while the fishes swim densely around.

They were protecting their one and only prince that still remain on this planet, since the collapse of his kingdom, the King and queen both died after a while due to reasons he doesn't know. Many of his species left to go somewhere else as their place was disrupted by human invasion, so it became inhabitable to live for many.