ILLUSIONS

ILLUSIONS

(this is a original story)

“Hmm. Fairytale huh? Do you believe in fairytales? Well, me, I do believe. I do believe in dreams, fairytales, and the beauty of life… Yes, I do now. After all of these, I believed.”

***

Oh my. I‟m late for my class. I need to go. Hurriedly, I ran to our door going outside of our house. While on the way, thoughts from my mind arise. Will I come on time? Will be the first day be great? Will I meet some new people? Will they accept me for who I am? Or will there be rejections again? Ugh. Just expect that I‟ll be just a loner or maybe better expect the worst rather than to be hurt again because that‟s life. Full of dreadful things…

“Passengers, the next stop is the Hogways University.”

Okay. This is it. I‟ll be going down from this bus and entering this door in front of me and…

“Hey there!” a voice from behind me yelled. “Are you new here?”

I turned. There were two students facing me. From their looks, they seemed to be high school students, too. One was tall and slim, and her eyebrows always knitted when she talked. She had very dark, waist-length hair. She stared at me expectantly with her round, black eyes and her half-smirk. The other seemed to be the first‟s opposite. She was short and corpulent; her hair was blonde and shoulder-length and her eyebrows were raised permanently. “Ugh. What? Aaah, yes,” I managed to say.

“Oh! Oh! Can you tell me your name?” the second one asked excitedly.

“Ugh, I‟m Selena Palafox.” I answered.

“Oh, so you are also a high school student, aren‟t you? Well, I can already see it in your ID.” The other one chimed in.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Okay. We need to go. See yah!” she said as she strolled along the corridor.

“Oh, sure.”

Suddenly… There was a sound, a sound that is not familiar to me. Maybe this is the first time I heard it…

“It‟s already over! Snack time!” a voice from my left shouted.

Oh. So, that was the bell that everybody was waiting for. Well, this will be my first recess in this place and…

“Hey Selena! Come with us, c‟mon.”

“Huh? Wha – why? Where?” Unintentionally, an obviously nervous voice came out of my mouth.

“Somewhere…”

“Ugh, sure, I guess.” Curiously, I came with them without any idea where we are going.

“Here we are.”

“Really? What is this place?” I nervously asked.

”This is a place for people like you.”

“What are you talking about? I can‟t understand you.” I hesitantly asked them.

“Newbie like you should not be here. You are a daughter of a murderer so how can we trust you, eh? You should be in a place where people like you fit.”

“WHAT? Why? I can‟t…” Please. No, this can‟t be happening. Run, Selena! Run as fast as you can! Hide anywhere. They shouldn‟t see you…

“Selenaaa?” someone called from outside. “Where are you?”

I can hear their footsteps from this cold and dark hiding place. Suddenly…

“What are you doing here, girls? You are supposed to be in your respective rooms. Go on and go back to your areas.” a stern voice called.