Prologue

Malani Grace Jacobs. She's as sweet as can be. The smartest, innocent, dreamer that you could imagine. Her life revolved around plants, books, romcoms, and investing time in animals and her community. She loved her life; it was as simple as she could imagine. As great as it could get.
At school she wasn't one of the popular girls, you'd probably know her as the girl nice enough to give you the homework or notes. Or someone that you recall having a class with some time ago. Malani steered clear of drama, parties, and whatever high school provided that didn't have anything to do with academics or her friends.

Zoron MacCauley. He's been the star quarterback of Westcoast Highschool ever since sophomore year when he scored the winning touchdown on a very close game again their school's rivals, Easton High. West and East being rivals, how humorous. Zoron is tall, smart, very good-looking with his dark, silky, brown hair and his dark hazel eyes, and his fair caramel skin. But the factor that should be most important that everyone else ignores is that he's an absolute Jerk. Like put his feet on the dinner table, steal candy from a baby, shut your locker when you just opened it type of Jerk. But since he had such a stunning image people ignored it.
Well not Malani, she heard all about guys like that she kept herself away from those kind of people. And she'd definitely stay away from Zoron MacCauley.