Chapter 1: Snow and Smiles

Quick Note: Hello!!! this is my second fic and I hope you all enjoy it!! the dividers idea was inspired from one of my dearest friends, thank you riyahiscool !! Also for context: Wendy is gender-fluid and uses she/he/they!!
————————————————————-

"Oh, how I wish you'll wake up one day
Run to me, confess your love, at least just let me say. <3 "
- Laufey

⋆。‧°♱༺𓆩❦︎𓆪༻♱༉‧₊˚.

" In conclusion , this is my take on social media and how it has impacted the youth of today. " A light, yet affirmative flowed through the organized classroom. A sigh could be heard before the ruffling of papers echoed, " Now Wendy, you can't mispronounce schadenfreude — they'll take note of that. " The same light and sweet voice spoke, belonging to the raven-haired student. Wendy Testaburger, the political brains of South Park high-school, stood in an empty classroom to practice a debate speech. Wendy was always known as a rather unique student, she always stood up for what she believed in no matter what. I'll practice at home, I've spent a lot of time in this dusty classroom, They thought. Dusting off their lavender argyle sweater vest, their gloved fingers glaze over the various pins on it — one was the gender-fluid flag, another one said ' thank you for not mansplaining ,' the last one said ' cats are against cat calling. ' Not only was his headstrong mindset unique, his sense of style could be considered unique compared to the rest of the students. Today, her outfit consisted of a milk-white turtleneck decorated with a gold necklace that has a gold 4-leaf clover. Layered on top of the turtleneck was her sweater vest popped due to the chocolatey-brown plaid maxi skirt she wore. Somehow, their appearance barely changed from middle school — the major change would be his new haircut. In middle school, Testaburger question what they identify as, especially after dressing masculine once and enjoying it. As time passed along with a immense amount of research, she identified as Gender-fluid. While he did enjoy looking masculine, he also liked the feminine aspects — later learning that they enjoyed presenting themself with an androgynous look, causing her to cut their luscious locks off. However, the short hair made Wendy more confident and comfortable with his own appearance. Carefully placing his papers back in the organized binder, his phone buzzed in the cream kanken backpack decorated with a handmade keychain that was in his hands. Once they put the binder back into the bag, they picked up their deep purple-colored phone and checked the notifications.
Messages:
One new voice message from Bebe <33
A soft smile grew on her face, clicking on the notification. She put the phone closer to her ear and played the voice message, "Hey Wends! I'm outside, it's so cold out here. Anyways, hurry up so we can walk home together!" Hearing Bebe's voice always made her smile, however, the message was not finished.

"Umm, I don't get mad at me but—I'm thinking about getting back together with Clyde. I'll tell you more about it when you get here, Love ya! Mwah!"

The sweet smile quickly faded and placed the phone in the pocket of their skirt before putting on their ivory coat, ' Oh Bebe, will you ever see me? ' Bebe Stevens, the stereotypical blonde, popular cheerleader. She was Wendy's best friend since they were in elementary and unfortunately, their crush. After her and Stan parted ways in 8th grade, she made a promise to herself to keep that heart of hers to herself and forget dating anyone ever again in highschool. However, the bewitching eyes of Bebe made Wendy cup their heart in their hands and hand it directly to her like a boy at her window, holding a boombox in his hands as it blasted romantic songs in order to swoon her. To put it simple, he was head over heels in love with his best friend. How foolish could Wendy be, especially since Bebe was straight. There's no way she could ever, you know, get with a person like Wendy—no, she'd never get with Wendy. Bebe would always talk about the next boy she finds attractive, she was absolutely boy-obsessed there's no way she'd ever like anyone that wasn't a man. As those thoughts resonated in Wendy's head, the heels of his Mary Janes clicked and his loose socks fell slightly down his leg every step. The second he walked outside, there she was. Those honey blonde curls that spiraled and looked as rich as pure gold and was perfectly parted to the side, her tawny brown hands she blew into that looked as delicate and soft as the wool of a sheep, her plump lips that were coated in cherry red lip gloss, but those weren't the only thinks that made the lovestruck Testaburger melt. Bebe, quickly turned to Wendy and grew a cheeky smile. Those hazelnut eyes lured Wendy in, her wide nose that they wished they could kiss forever, everything about her always reminded Wendy of this word: pulchritudinous. Pulchritudinous, a breathtaking beauty that could only be used to describe Bebe Stevens. "Wendikins!" The blonde squealed, hugging Wendy tightly and giving them her usual, platonic kiss on the cheek. Wendy embraced her back and her naturally rosy cheeks blossomed into a more pigmented shade of pink. "Hey, Bebs!" She replied, the two had a habit of giving eachother cheesy nicknames. Bebe began to shiver slightly, "Whew, it's so cold I might freeze to death!" The taller girl joked, letting go and rubbing her own arms. "I don't understand how you always forget to leave your gloves and scarf," Wendy joked back and grabbed their peach scarf, "Here you go." He stood on the tips of his toes and wrapped the scarf around the blonde's neck. "Thanks, you always treat me so well—maybe you should be my girlfriend!" Bebe has a tendency of jokingly flirting with Wendy, but it always made her heart skip a beat. Wendy could only let out a small chuckle to cover up the slight sadness that began to nimble at their heart, before removing one of their gloves and handing it to Bebe. "Take this, sorry I don't have an extra pair with me today." They added and Bebe pushed her hand into the plum-colored glove. "It's okay, I don't need an extra glove when I have you." The brown-eyed girl clasped her hand with Wendy's and Wendy put the combined hands in his coat pocket. Looking up at Bebe with a smile, he asked, "How was your day, Bebe?" Soon the long and detailed conversation that started, also started their walk home.