1

"Hurry up, Sunset! Luna's going to get mad at us again if we're late!"

It was currently 6:43, and I was beating on Sunset's dorm room like a rabid animal.

Working at Starbucks was anything but fun. Sunset and I both had the morning 7am shift, meaning we would have to wake up at six am in the middle of July.

"I swear to fucking god Rainbow Dash..." She swings open her door, "It's like six-thirty in the morning, calm the fuck down."

She was wearing a halter magenta top and black jean shorts. I was wearing a hoodie and sweats because I don't give two shits about my job.

"Do you have the aprons?"

"Here!" I jab a black apron embellished with the Starbucks logo on the top right in her arms. "Now let's go." I rush down the hallway while Sunset rolls her eyes and slowly walks behind me.

I run down the hall of stairs till I reach the bottom. Sunset was still a flight above me. "You have way too much energy," she shakes her head and catches up to me, "it's the first thing in the morning."

"I just don't want to get yelled at by our manager for the thousandth time for being late!"

"No one told you not to get your driver's license," she mumbled as she walked into the parking lot, "you could've already been there if it weren't for your fear of highways."

She takes out her keys and her motorcycle beeps twice. Sunset passes me a blue helmet, as she wears her red one. The engine stirs loudly and soon enough, only five minutes late, we arrive at a small Starbucks right by our college.

As I pull open the doors, Luna is standing behind the counter, placing fresh cheese danishes behind the glass. She takes a good look at the two of us and glances down at her watch.

"Whatever...just hurry up." She sighs and drudges behind the employee's only door.

"She looks happy," Sunset whispers to me, as she sets up her barista station. Sunset was one of the best baristas at this Starbucks, and she refuses to ever get a drink wrong. Back when we first started working, I quickly decided I would take the easiest job and work up front at the cashier.

At 7:13, our first customer of the day arrives. She ordered a Strawberry Cream Frapp, with extra whipped cream. Now, I'm not one to judge someone off their drink order, except for the fact that I totally am, but who the fuck orders a Frappuccino at seven fucking AM?

Sunset quickly stirs up the drink and places it on the pickup counter. "Strawberry Cream Frapp with extra whip for..." She turns around the drink to look at the small white sticker, "Pinkie Pie?"

"That's me!" the ecstatic girl swiftly takes her drink off the counter and sips it earnestly. "Mm, never gets old..." She announces to practically nobody. The odd girl then moves her hands up to her hair and starts digging to pull out two shiny coins to place in our tip jar.

"Thank you..." I say as she walked out of the door.

I look at the time written on the electronic register and it read 7:17. In the next thirty minutes, we had six more customers. Finally, as the time ticks to 8 am, Sunny and I get to have our breakfast break. As I heated up my kale egg bites in the microwave and pull the handle to the employees-only room, a customer walks in.

I hate my life.

I put on a quick fake smile before walking back to the register. "Hi, what can I get for you?" I hesitantly say.

The guy was wearing gym clothes and looked sweaty as if he came in just after a morning run. I can literally feel Sunset checking this guy out from behind her barista stand. He had very pale light blue skin, wavy navy blue hair, and emerald green eyes.

Bro is literally perfect.

He stares up at the menu, seemingly reading every drink option there was. I pat my fingers on the card reader, waiting expectantly for him to order.

"Hmm," He pauses and then looks down at my bored expression, "Can I get a Venti Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino with oat milk, 2 shots of blonde espresso, double blended, with toffee nut syrup, 3 pumps of white mocha sauce, extra whip, light caramel drizzle, toasted cookie crumble topping, and a pump of chai?"

I stare at him blankly, blinking my eyes slowly at his over-the-fucking-top order.

"Oh and line the cup with some mocha sauce while you're at it." He says casually.

"Excuse me, what?!"

"Can I get a-"

Deciding that I don't want to take this guy's shit, I tell Sunset to make the easiest drink possible.

"One tall cappuccino coming right up!"

He smirks at me and wears an expression of mock disbelief. "Hey, that's not what I ordered..." He moves his eyes down to my apron to read my name tag, "Rainbow Dash..."

"Yeah well, I'm not typing your long ass fucking order into the register. You can do it yourself." I walk away to take my egg bites out of the microwave. I hear a short snort coming from where he was. "Oh, so you think you're funny?" I sarcastically say, rolling my eyes as I take a bite of my breakfast.

"Hah, yeah I do actually," He says leaning on the counter, "But... I'm not paying for something I didn't order, sweetheart."

"Yeah, well I don't get paid enough to type your extravagant conceited ass's order-"

"What's going on?" Sunset interrupts, peering in from the barista station.

"This guy ordered a Mocha Cookie Crumble with like thirty fucking add-ins!" I complain in disbelief. 

"Oh! What was the order?" Sunset chirps, way too happy to make some douchebag's drink.

"I ordered a Venti Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino with oat milk, 2 shots of blonde espresso, double blended, with toffee nut syrup..." He rambles on about his stupid fucking order. I have no time for this so I sit on a bar stool and finish my breakfast. I watch my best friend make the guy's order comically fast as he speaks.

How can someone like her job that much?

"And can I get a name for your drink?" She smiles at him, taking his order like I was supposed to be doing.

He shakes his head in disbelief as he watches poor Sunset make his unbelievable order.

"Soarin."

____________________
a.n

so i thought of a random storyline at 2am and i'm j gonna go with it :)