02. FRECKLES

FRECKLES. ❜ ⎯⎯ ❪ 주근깨 ❫
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

THE CURRENT LESSON WAS BEGINNING to bore Hyunjin. All he could think about was going out to the courtyard and taking photos of the beautiful Orchids that were blooming.

The weather was absolutely beautiful, and it was so tempting. Hyunjin could have easily pulled out his camera and snapped a photo from his seat. However, his camera was a traditional camera and he would much rather take the image from outside rather than inside. The quality would be much higher than that of a image from the window.

After staring heedlessly out the window, Hyunjin finally came back to reality and carefully listened to the lesson while jotting down notes.

Although his focus would be temporary since something seemed to interfere with the flow of the lesson, and out of pure curiosity Hyunjin decided to draw his attention to whatever interfered with the class.

The room fell silent just as a boy walked into the room. He had sparkling chesnut colored eyes with a soft mess of honey-blonde hair. The new student also had a set of adorable freckles that covered every inch of his face which made his appearance so much more appealing.

"Class," the professor began, "this is Lee Felix. Please welcome him with respect."

Felix carefully shuffled around the classroom, shyly accepting the greetings he received from the other students.

"You can sit next to me!" a voice called out to the new student, inviting him to an empty spot next to him.

Felix obliged and scurried to sit in the empty seat.

"I'm Beomgyu!" the student introduced himself to Felix.

Felix acknowledged Beomgyu's name and energy, which made him feel much more comfortable.

After Felix got settled in, Hyunjin went back to heedlessly staring out the window, and admiring the beautiful view.

However, he grew curious once more. Hyunjin pulled out his novel from his bag, attempting to find any sort of update. To his dismay, there was no update, just the previous pages and the current page he was on, which was blank.

Hyunjin groaned quietly to himself, bringing his hand up so he could rest his chin on it. He pushed his glasses up once they began to slowly slide off his nose. The lesson proceeded as usual, and Hyunjin was back to jotting down notes.

"Hyunjin,"

Hearing his name, Hyunjin snapped out of his head space and looked over at whom ever called his name.

"may I borrow your notes when you finish?"

It was Bang Chan, Hyunjin was familiar with him, and he appeared nice enough. Chan had a head full of dark curly hair and he—just like felix, had freckles on his face. Not to mention, it appeared that he was also wearing a jersey of some sort that Hyunjin was unfamiliar with.

"I don't mind," Hyunjin replied, "as long as I receive them once class ends."

Chan nodded and thanked Hyunjin, assuring him that he would definitely return the notes after class.

Hyunjin doesn't normally trust people with his items, but if it was something he could care less about he didn't mind sharing it.