Chapter one

Katherine Point Of View

Peeeem,I woke up to the sound of the alarm. Gosh! 10am,who the heck reset the alarm  to 10am ,who else could it be .
It must have been Caroline(my roommate and bestie)but doesn't she know it's my first day at work. Gosh!I have no time for that, am late on first day.I then stood up, oh my God my room
is a mess,I can't leave it like this. Caroline will query me when she sees my room like this, she hates dirtiest,I can't have a daughter like you,your room is so in a mess,I can't have a daughter like you, your room is so in a mess she would say.I then quickly  arranged my room and made it look great again, I was finished with that at exactly 10:47am,I brushed my teeth and I took my bath,then I entered my bedroom wearing a towel then I went to my wardrobe and then I thought ,first day at work at HARRISON group of companies as the ceo secretary  I am so proud of myself. My dad and Caroline  are the only one to celebrate with, my mum died immediately I was born,well dad told me alot about her.  Then I picked a short pink gown and pink wedge,well I hope my legs doesn't  get hurt,  heels and wedge aren't quite  friendly with me.After dressing up I picked  a wristwatch and a pink small purse, my purse on my right hand and wedge on the left ,I went to the living room  the living room was close to the dining then I saw Caroline setting the dining, then I went to her.
You haven't gone to work?I asked her, yeah. I wanted to prepare something for you because I can't  let you  go to work on an empty  stomach when you can't cook she said. Thanks I am so hungry I said and we both sat down  and starts to eat, it was pancakes  and orange juice. You have to teach me how to cook I said, okay when you're  ready she replied. I ate finish and I washed the plates , you wanna drive me?I asked her,nay still have something to do at home she said and I left the house for the underground  carpark I entered  my car and drove off. My dad sells car  so he is rich,then after my mum died she is also from a rich family and her father's only child, while my maternal grandfather and mother are still  alive. Well my father  remarried  and now after nineteen years of marriage  she is still  not pregnant,  that is their business not mine. Caroline  is from a rich family  atheist she is better than me she can cook, but I am better  than her and everyone  can testify to that, I am more beautiful. It was a thirty minute  drive  to HARRISON group  of companies. I parked at the garage  and I got out of the car and then I checked my watch.What 12:25 oh gosh! how did I take alot of time I thought and entered  the company. Really! this company is huge, there was alot of staff  and I didn't bother to greet any of them because I am not here for that. Gosh I hope the ceo is handsome  just like how he was in television shows. Who cares anyway?.

Jake Point Of View

I just finished a meeting with the shareholders ,where is my new secretary?didn't I tell you to get me a new secretary?I asked,have gotten you a new secretary Sir Mr Jack the branch manager said, late first day of work I said and smiled to my self. I got you a female secretary  Sir and she is good we have tested her Mr Jack said, a female well no problem I will teach her a lesson for being late first day at work I said that and went to my office .

Katherine Point Of View
I was directed to the ceo office  by a woman and I thanked her and left for the CEO's office. Oh I hope all go well I am really late,why do I have to overslept  oh God now I need your help. I was just at the entrance of the ceo office, wow so big I thought,  cut the crap you are supposed to be begging God  I thought,  you can do this Kate! I said silently  and I entered,  the ceo was facing the back while  seating on the chair, while the chair was also moved to the back,  I guess he is looking at the view of the place. Good morning sir I said and both the chair and him faced the room,  gosh he is handsome,  very handsome,  no Kate you are at work , aren't we in the afternoon?he asked and gazed at me, am so sorry  something came up that's why I am late am very sorry  I lied, and what was that something that came up? he asked, I can't believe this man is a talkative , well hmm... my roommate was admitted to the hospital because she had stomach ache I lied again and I used Caroline,  what's wrong with me??

Jake Point Of View
Then how would you compensate me?I asked her,  I will do my work  diligently  she replied, won't  you work diligently  if I didn't  ask you I said looking mean.I don't think you need anything from me than to work diligently she said, please have a seat I said and picked a file. She sat  down and I began ,your family looks rich your father sells car and your mother parents are also rich I said looking at her file so why do you work here?I asked her.