Prologue

Heizou was coming back home after an exhausting day at work. The new case he was working on was not producing any new leads so far and not to mention the chief, Kujou Sara, was hounding him about a murder case he has yet to solve. To be completely honest, Heizou knows who the murder is since his intuition led him in the right direction, but he didn't have any conclusive evidence to put the murder behind bars for good.

As he was walking up the flight of stairs that lead to his soulmate and his shared apartment, Heizou had a small smile adorning his face. His birthday was tomorrow and he was looking forward to the party his soulmate and friends were secretly planning. At least that's what his intuition was telling him at the time, but it could have never prepared him for what was to come next.

As he opened the door to the apartment, instead of being met with his soulmate's smiling face as usual, his eyes landed on the living room couch. His childhood friend of fifteen years sitting there with his soulmate on his lap, both half naked and making out.

They had yet to realize that Heizou was home until he uttered these words,

"Get out, both of you."

Surprised at the sudden intrusion, they both detached themselves from one another and looked at where the voice came from. There stood a Heizou, devoid of any emotion.

"Wait, it's not what it looks like!" his soulmate said frantically.

"I said get out. Or do I have to arrest you for trespassing?"

Sharing a glance at one another, the both of them scrambled to put their remaining clothes on and fled the apartment. Knowing full well that when the officer means business, he means it.

Now finally alone, the officer closes the door, back leaning against it, and slides down to the floor and only then does he let out the tears.