Part 10

I was at the park the next day. I didn't really know what was happening between me and Mari. Her melody was a little confusing. "Hi" Chat's familiar voice came from behind me. I turned around to see his smiling face.

"Hey" I smiled back at him. I took his hand and we went to the building. Things seemed a little awkward between us, at least at first. I brought out my guitar to bring back our usual atmosphere. Things seemed more normal, but we didn't talk as much before we parted ways.

Mari met me after school, but we didn't get to talk at all before she had to leave. It felt just like last time, and I did still love her, but I didn't want things to end up remotely like last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was at the top of building with Chat again, I could tell he also noticed that things were a bit different. "Did something happen, like..." He trailed off to let me finish it.

"I mean- not really, it's just." I didn't know exactly how to explain things. I still didn't really know what was happening with Marinette and I didn't want to say something that was just wrong. "How are things with you?" I avoid in a pretty obvious, not the best way.

"Cat-tastic" He gave a small laugh. "Especially when I get to be with the people I care about" He leaned closer. I blushed, but leaned back in surprise. We stayed together the for a while, before it got late and we had to leave.

As I was walking home I got a ping on my phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mari💙

Marinette- I think we need to talk

Marinette- Lets meet at school tomorrow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was pretty hard to sleep that night. Things were still a bit confusing so I listened to music until I actually fell asleep. Then in the morning I walked to school with my sister. When we got there she went off with Rose and went to find Mari.

"I know, I've said some confusing things. I do really like you, but I'm sorry I just like Adrien more. But I also like being with you and I don't know what to do." She quickly stated in a little bit of a ramble.

"It's fine, you have plenty of time to figure things out." He cut in, comforting. Marinette was beginning to rammble on again. "Are we still going to the ice skating rink?" I asked.

"Yes" She said, surely.

"Ok, so we'll get to talk more. And maybe I can help you think about things." We started walking.

"Sorry I have to leave" She said a few seconds later and ran in the opposite direction. I continued walking home.

"Hey, Rockstar" I turned to see Chat leaning against a building in a pose with a smirk. I tried to give as genuine a smile as I could, even with everything swirling in my head. I walked over to him and he took my hand. We went to the same building, this time the Sun still shown brightly in the low sky.

Chat's arms leaned on the rails as he kind of slumped over staring at the road below. "Is something wrong?" I asked, leaning against the rail next to him. There was a long pause.

"I don't know." He turned towards me. "Things seem more distant between me and Ladybug and some stuff outside of superheroing." Then he made himself smile again and went back to his usual attitude abruptly. Talking and flirting with cat puns.

I gave a small laugh before bringing it back to what he said previously. "Sorry I can't really help, but maybe I could play you something to lift your spirit." I began to play a song that would do exactly that. He smiled at me. We stayed there till another acuma attack made us leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Saturday now and I started heading to the ice rink at the about eleven. Mari said we'd meet there at noon and I was maybe ten minutes early. I waited in the rink stands for a while. About half an hour later I got a text. It just read "Sorry I can't make it". I replied that it was ok and maybe we'd met up later. She move the time to the next day. It was sad that she didn't show up but he didn't want to push anything, he just went home.

Juls was still out with Rose, his mom had errands to run, and his dad was still never home, so I would be home alone for a while. I started on making another instrument. A little later I hear someone come home. I just keep working in my room. I could hear Rose talking on the deck and knew it was her and Juls up there.

After Rose had left Juleka came down stairs. There was quiet tenseness for a bit. "You've been acting off lately" his sister commented.

"Yeah, confusing things are happening lately" I shrugged. She didn't seem to believe that. But then they both did some of their homework that was due on Monday.

I went back outside to sit under the bridge. Just to think. I listened to the music of the water and tried to decipher my confusion. I didn't really know what to do. I just wanted things to go better. I'm just going to try to do better and let time tell what will happen. Hopefully that will work. Hopefully things won't get worse. I managed to go to sleep at a reasonable time.

(Word count: 930)