6/7/2015

"Come on, get in the pic Colton!"
"I'm coming I'm coming.."
"Okay, ready?"
"Yes- wait no."
"Smile!"

Snap! Beep.

"Aw, my phone died."
"Told you you should have got the charger from downstairs."
"Gah, be quiet."

I shrugged, watching my friend sprint downstairs to go fetch the charger. There I plopped down on the bed, it was nighttime. I was a weird person but.. I loved the dark. Sometimes when I was younger I used to lock myself in the garage closet with the lights off.. And let the dark consume me. My friend didn't, so I turned the lights off. Just to terrify her. I got comfortable in my bed and looked around the room. My mind and body rested for awhile. Then my eyes looked around and froze on an opened door across the room. It led to my bathroom, and surprisingly, it wasn't opened before.

"It must've been my dog," I murmured.. He can open doors.

Without further a do, I forced myself up and went to close the door. The closer I got to it, my mind had an unusual feeling. It was creepy at first, speaking of, based on how wide the door was opened, you can see the mirror from inside. I'm not a fan of mirrors.. When I reached the door I grabbed reach of the silver handle.

Bark!

"Oh! What the? What're you doing in here?"
My dog was inside as I kneeled to him. I petted him before he wandered out, then closed the door. Before it closed I heard whispers from inside, making me jump away from door. I walked back to the bed and got comfortable again. Then felt uneasy..

Then that's when it happened.

Crash!

The noise of broken glass came from downstairs.

"Jennifer?!" I called out and boosted off the bed.

No response.

"Jennifer!" Calling out again and jogging to the staircase.

I look around for any object to protect me in case of an intruder.

Still, no response.

My eyes glued to my baseball bat leaning on the rail. There I picked it up and held it tight to my chest. I looked behind me and saw the bathroom door open slowly by itself. My heart raced. Step by step I rushed down the staircase.

Step. Creak. Step. Step. Creak.

Finally reaching the bottom, I go forward to the kitchen first. Knowing that it was "glass" that broke, it could be from there.
Seeing a sight that was what I never wanted to see. My friend was held to the cabinets from her hands being stabbed by cooking knives. Her stomach was cut open with her bloody guts pouring out still.

Squish. Plop. Squish.

They fell to the kitchen floor. Only leaving and intestine hanging to her thigh. Her eyes were gone and her mouth was cut open. And overall, what petrified me was a mark that was smeared onto the cabinet by her with some type of black liquid. It was a poorly drawn smiley face.

Clang!

The bat fell from my hand as I stepped back in horror. My stomach twisted and turned but I couldn't help but stare. My dear friend was there right in front of my eyes! I felt nautious about to throw up. This isn't real it can't be! My legs trembled and I fell to my knees. With all my strength I couldn't get up. Somehow I started to crawl towards her dead body. I tried to stop myself but something was controlling me. I got to a part where I crawled into her own guts!